What's new

Sig P365

I picked up a little P365 back at the beginning of the pandemic and finally had the chance to get it out to shoot. It either rained so much in the late spring to early summer, then dealt with my wife having cataract surgery in each eye, then was too hot for this old man to get out on a shooting range, and today worked out perfect.

The gun shot much better that I ever thought a small 9mm could . I had been playing with it, purchased an extra XL slide and barrel, as well as the slightly larger xl grip module. finally putting a Holosun 507k red dot on. Having cataracts myself along with thousands of floaters, I did not do too well at 15 yards, one of the Sig lasers did not do it for me also, the dot bounces around too much, showing my shakiness, plus the activation switch is problematic and takes too much pressure affecting my aim. The red dot was the cats meow, standing, unsupported I was getting consistant groups in the 3-3 1/2 inch range, not bad for a 75 year old shooting a new gun for the first time, and not having shot in almost a year, and have never considered myself a good pistol shot, prefer rifles. I like this combination, I can see to hit with it and with practice could probably do much better.

I also played with several .22 rifles, a couple of old Marlin 39a Mounties, that I had outfitted with Lyman 66 receiver sights, and a couple of old Weaver K3 scopes, one with a post and crosshair the other a German #3 post, which I found more accurate that I thought for those heavy posts, Also a Ruger 77/22 bolt action with a Shilen match barrel, a Winchester 52b reproduction and a couple of Ruger 10/22's which were Ruger only in receiver, barrels, and stocks, everything else quality aftermarket, trigger housing and triggers.

Anyone using the Sig Romeo Zero sight?

The first one I could NOT hit paper.....was way high and unable to adjust.....(should have read that this is a know issue). Annoyed I wasted ammo trying to get it on paper

They sent a new one. Was still hitting high.... and I think erratic, sometimes it's on , then moves. More ammo wasted

Have one of those holosun and will probably put it on... though it was meant for a G48....

Welcome to the SIG P365 club! Pics of your current configuration?
Would like to take pics, but this digital photography frustrates the hxxx out of me, runs the BP up so not worth it. Years ago I was into photography big time. I spent a couple of years in Turkey and toured some in Israel, Greece, and later in England and probably have 6000 slides from those times, and later years when my son was growing up. I got a digital camera, but too many bells and whistles and it is not one of the high end, expensive ones, so it sits there uncharged. My phone is easier to use, but transferring pictures is what bothers me, I would much rather deal with something mechanical or physical than digital. I'm really doing good getting on a computer and playing around on some of these forums.

Would like to take pics, but this digital photography frustrates the hxxx out of me, runs the BP up so not worth it. Years ago I was into photography big time. I spent a couple of years in Turkey and toured some in Israel, Greece, and later in England and probably have 6000 slides from those times, and later years when my son was growing up. I got a digital camera, but too many bells and whistles and it is not one of the high end, expensive ones, so it sits there uncharged. My phone is easier to use, but transferring pictures is what bothers me, I would much rather deal with something mechanical or physical than digital. I'm really doing good getting on a computer and playing around on some of these forums.
Lol. I’m glad you are here!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@jkingrph, I post all my pics directly from my phone and then come back and edit from my laptop, adding captions and text from the 'puter.

They reproduced the Winchester 52?!

off to the auction site...

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Oh Yes. Back in the 80's I think, I picked mine up used it was on consignment at Clark Custom Guns, at Shreveport, La. I was at Barksdale AFB for USAF weekend reserve and went out there to browse around and grabbed it. I think it was 1992 or 1993 when I found it. I think they were made by Miroku, under both the Winchester and Browning labels.

That's a great find!

I want a Clark meltdown 1911 but that price tag...

Cheaper than a lot of other custom 1911s though.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

It's probably been 20+ years since I have been in their place. Just off US 80, east of Shreveport at Benton. They had one big display case then with some handguns of historic interest, a couple of Texas Ranger guns if I remember right.

My brother in law got my sister a Glock, tried it and did not like it. That's probably been close to 25 years ago though. Honestly I like my 1911 types, full size, got a Gold Cup in 10mm auto, compacts, my custom Browning Hi Power is a dream, and then the tiny Sig P238 and 938. To me the Sig P365 with safety feels more like a compact 1911 than any other gun I have tried, the trigger on mine is as good if not a little better than the P938 .

Top Bottom