What's new

Sig P365 vs. Glock 43X Which do I like better?

NEED really isn't the motivator.

LIKE holds the most sway here.

proxy.php

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I agree - Nice write up! Hard choice!

I’ve become a Glock single stack guy for carry myself. I have my backup or deep concealment 42 that I usually pack in a shoulder holster. My ported and red doted 43 which I edc. And my 48 which is very quickly becoming a “fan favorite.” It’s fast and accurate. I really like it, but the investment I have in my 43 sees me pack it more often. I really like the red dot, and I’m fast with it and it’s porting.

View attachment 978271

But the stock 48 just feels - right! And is pretty darn fast too! I might have to give it the same attention (red dot - porting maybe). If I do, the 43 is going to be lonely I think lol!

I like the 365. I do. And if that’s your “one” - I dig it! But I love that aside from mags, my little 3 gun system here does everything I need it to, and even lets me interchange parts. If Walther made something as small as the 365 or 42, I’d reconsider.

Again, great write-up/insight.

Nice set up @Earcutter. A fellow officer of mine has the 48X and loves it. He too plans on getting it's slide milled for a RMR. I'll probably just keep mine an open top convertible. Lots of practice when drawing with speed in order to keep that red dot of an RMR on a pistol from disappearing in the top portion of the hood on an RMR. He seems to like it, makes me feel claustrophobic. :)

Are those suppressor height sights to co-witness with the dot?

Nice set up @Earcutter. A fellow officer of mine has the 48X and loves it. He too plans on getting it's slide milled for a RMR. I'll probably just keep mine an open top convertible. Lots of practice when drawing with speed in order to keep that red dot of an RMR on a pistol from disappearing in the top portion of the hood on an RMR. He seems to like it, makes me feel claustrophobic. :)

Are those suppressor height sights to co-witness with the dot?
Nope. The RMSc is great that way! No need for the height. It co-witnesses with regular sights.

The trick to overcoming the claustrophobia for me was to aim like I was just using my sights and ignoring the dot. The dot just confirms when it falls over the sight picture. Next thing I knew, it was always there.

I’ll readily admit that at statistical distances where a handgun is “typically” used, the red dot probably will not be utilized. For that matter, the sights might not even be utilized. But man, if you have a second and you need to reach out some, that Dot sure makes you look good when shooting a small gun like the 43. Oh and for me, it’s great on moving targets.

Anyway, I’m not selling lol. Heck, I wasn’t sure if it was going to be an expensive toy for me or not. Its not. It works for me, but only because in my mind it’s a “secondary” sighting system. I can see why a man might not want it.

I'm surprised I've ended up with so many revolvers. I guess I like Blackhawks and Smiths as well as 1911s.

My kid will make out well on this deal when I go, anyway.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Comparisons: Both are small, both are thin, both have adequate magazine capacities for their size, even though, the Sig's P365 still beats out the Glock 43x by two rounds in it's 12 round magazine's to the g43X's 10 round magazine and yet the P365 still manages to be shorter overall in length and height than the G43X.

Specs on both say, the 365 comes in at only an inch in width and the G43X is 1.10 inches, which is weird, because the G43X feels thinner to me. The 365 is the heavier gun empty between the two, coming in at 17.8 ounces empty while the G43X is only 16.40 in weight. The P365 actually feels heavier also, especially when loaded with 12 rounds over the G43X's 10 rounds.

In shooting both pistols, I actually think the extra weight of the Sig dampens felt recoil better then the Glock. However, the longer slide and barrel of the Glock tames muzzle flip better than the Sig. Also to my surprise, Both pistols gave me the same accuracy. While the Glock's trigger break and reset were outstanding and there was less experienced mushiness in the take up compared to all the other Glocks I have experienced, The Sig's was still better.

While I thought this better trigger of the 365 would beat out the Glock in accuracy, it didn't, because what little the Glock lacks in quality of trigger, compared to the 365, it made up for it with a longer sight radius and barrel, so accuracy on both was not only very good for smaller pistols, I could never get one or the other, to out shine the other. Because Ameriglo's came with the purchase of the G43X, It compares with the P365's awesome X-Ray sights. One is just green and the other orange. Both work fantastic picking up the front sight in the daytime.

I would love nothing more to say; Glock is more accurate then Sig. But it just didn't happen. I could keep all shots from both pistols, easily within the 8 ring on a B27 at 25 yards. Who is ever going to use these two at 25 yards unless absolutely necessary? I'm not, I would be calling the police. :)

Even of their small size,I still felt like I could run a combat course with both. they just feel bigger in the hand and you can feel the quality of both in your hand.

Contrasts: Not too many contrasts between the two that I can think of. I know The Sig 365 has a stainless steel barrel and slide under their Nitron finish, while the Glock 43x is just some kind of carbon steel with a nPVD finish. This is probably the only contrast i would worry about. Sig Sauer tried just a PVD finish on their Legion series and received a lot of complaints from Legion owners, who were saying their finishes were flaking off and or rusting under the finish.

In contrast, the G43X's silver finish, isn't just a PVD like sig's legion series, but instead Glock used a nPVD which was a Nitrite process, that not only helps harden the PVD finish, but also bonds and impregnates the finish into the steel of the Glock's barrel and slide. I don't know how that's going to pan out, but I will be watching for any flaking or rusting and if I see any, off it goes to Robar for their NP3 Plus finish in black. Even if it doesn't rust or flake, I don't know how long I can put up with a silver finished slide. :) It will have to grow on me or something.

Pro's and Con's of both pistols:

I like the P365's short barrel. While both are capable of AIWB carry, the Sig's overall shortness is the winner for that particular carry position. I rarely carry AIWB, but it does happen occasionally.

However, the Sig's P365 weird position and angle of it's magazine release button, along with it's short grip, doesn't allow a empty magazine to free fall from the gun during a speed reload. the magazine end cap always hits the heel of the hand during a mag button press and stops the mag from falling. The magazine actually has to be stripped from the hand with the support hand first and then the support hand can reach for a replacement mag and reload.

The Glock's 43X grip length and magazine release button angle, allows an unrestricted free fall of an empty magazine without any help from the support hand, leaving the support hand free to reach for a fresh mag while the empty is falling free. None of this might matter in a typical self defense scenario, but who plans and prepares for the typical? I don't. this could save valuable seconds in a gunfight.

The new G 43X has a bit different design for it's extractor and ejector. won't even be noticed by looking at the external portion of the pistol. But, when you are looking to unload the 43X to put it up or clean it? You drop the full magazine and then when you try to gently pull the slide back to extract the live round from the chamber, the round will stay in the chamber even when the slide is pulled all the way to the rear.

when the slide is allowed to then come forward, the round will stay inside the slide and re-chamber when the slide is released. If one doesn't try and notice the round falling on the bed or table or wherever you are unloading, might not be good if the trigger is pulled. Glock says the new design dictates to the user that the slide MUST be pulled to the rear forcefully and completely to sufficiently eject the chambered round. So Glock designed it to do that?

not bad I guess, just different. But why? If a new owner of the newer design of the 43X and 48X isn't aware of this? and they are used to their older Glocks and being able to easily eject their rounds from the chambers with hardly no force? I kept trying to turn it upside down and slowly pull the slide to where the round just gently falls into my hand. I've done this for years with every Glock own. Not anymore, at least not with one that has an X in it's name. :)

I need to get more time with the G43X under my belt, before making any kind of decision like which will become my permanent off duty EDC. While i am still very much enamored by my Sig P365, I must admit shooting the Glock 43X at speed, just felt like home. I mean, what would be the reason to keep both? :)

Great write-up, Rob! I can completely understand your conclusion. If HK made a pistol as small (or nearly) as the Sig, then I would probably carry it more than my P365. Knowing HK though, it would probably only hold four rounds.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm surprised I've ended up with so many revolvers. I guess I like Blackhawks and Smiths as well as 1911s.

There is something "special" about a single action revolver. It has graceful lines and looks good, doesn't need an adapter between the back of the trigger guard and the grip, compared to a double action revolver with service grips, to make it balance well on your firing hand middle finger, the shape of the backstrap kind of "rolls" it in your hand during recoil instead of coming straight back like a double action revolver or a semi-auto, and being a bit muzzle heavy it points like pointing your finger.

Even the speed demon Bill Jordan admitted to Skeeter Skelton that the single action had the quickest "first fire" capability from the draw and is a bit faster than a double action revolver in that respect.

Ooops...I am hijacking Rob's thread. Sorry, Rob.

Pics from both of ya'll are needed.

That's gonna have to wait until I get back home to all my stuff. Every time I think I'm gonna leave here in a few days something else crops up. The only thing I can post a pic. of at this time is the single action .45 I have with me now.

Can anyone guess who is in the avatar I recently put up?

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Great write-up, Rob! I can completely understand your conclusion. If HK made a pistol as small (or nearly) as the Sig, then I would probably carry it more than my P365. Knowing HK though, it would probably only hold four rounds.

If HK could make one as small as a Sig P365, as tough & reliable as a Glock with the great ergonomics, trigger and number of rounds in the magazine as your VP9sk? I would buy it in a heartbeat.

OkieStubble

There is something "special" about a single action revolver. It has graceful lines and looks good, doesn't need an adapter between the back of the trigger guard and the grip, compared to a double action revolver with service grips, to make it balance well on your firing hand middle finger, the shape of the backstrap kind of "rolls" it in your hand during recoil instead of coming straight back like a double action revolver or a semi-auto, and being a bit muzzle heavy it points like pointing your finger.

Even the speed demon Bill Jordan admitted to Skeeter Skelton that the single action had the quickest "first fire" capability from the draw and is a bit faster than a double action revolver in that respect.

Ooops...I am hijacking Rob's thread. Sorry, Rob.

That's gonna have to wait until I get back home to all my stuff. Every time I think I'm gonna leave here in a few days something else crops up. The only thing I can post a pic. of at this time is the single action .45 I have with me now.

Can anyone guess who is in the avatar I recently put up?

You're not hijacking, you're helping to keep the thread going! :)

Is that Heck Thomas in your avatar? Can you guess who is in my avatar I recently put up? :)

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My great-great grandfather, John Thompson Ford.

Cool...my Mom's maiden name was Ford, but she never saw Abe Lincoln.

Rob...are you going to go to the U.S. Marshals Museum in Ft. Smith when it opens this fall? When we had warrant roundups the Deputy U.S. Marshal from the Tyler office, Eastern District of Texas, John Moore, would come help, as would the local Texas Ranger, the local TABC agent, State Troopers, Deputy Sheriffs, etc. Everyone wanted to get on in the fun. We were sent out in 3 man teams, and I was team leader on several of them.

If Rob don't mind if this thread is derailed a bit....

I have nothing to contribute as I've never even handled a 365 or a 43X.

OkieStubble

Cool...my Mom's maiden name was Ford, but she never saw Abe Lincoln.

Rob...are you going to go to the U.S. Marshals Museum in Ft. Smith when it opens this fall? When we had warrant roundups the Deputy U.S. Marshal from the Tyler office, Eastern District of Texas, John Moore, would come help, as would the local Texas Ranger, the local TABC agent, State Troopers, Deputy Sheriffs, etc. Everyone wanted to get on in the fun. We were sent out in 3 man teams, and I was team leader on several of them.

If Rob don't mind if this thread is derailed a bit....

I have nothing to contribute as I've never even handled a 365 or a 43X.
It opens in September. I might just have to load up the wife in the covered wagon (jeep) this fall when the leaves are turning and head out to Branson for a weekend. We can hit Fort Smith and see the museum on the way.

Top Bottom