What's new

SIG P365 Redux

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
it's like a Ruger LC9 you either like it or you don't, there is no in between, as I mentioned I know die hard sig guys that won't touch this thing. Then I know die hard glock smith guys that made the change and are all about it.

One man's perfect carry piece is another man's worse nightmare.

Especially if it shoots high and left when you are aiming dead center. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Because of looks, drag, or why? I don't really use them either. For years before they were thought of, I have always found the rear serrations quite efficient. No reason to change for me.
Mainly looks, but they probably help chew up holster, too. Like you, I’ve never had problems with the ones on the rear.

OkieStubble

Mainly looks, but they probably help chew up holster, too. Like you, I’ve never had problems with the ones on the rear.

I can see where they could chew up the inside of a nice leather holster. Especially if it's suede lined. And you're right, it makes the front of a good looking pistol uglier.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Reduced? Sounds fun to me.
Decided I needed more practice and ordered a Sig P320 air(CO2) pellet pistol. 30 round mag, semi auto blowback, rifled barrel for pellets Wish that they made one in 365 configuration, but this looks close. Their 365 model is bb only and did not want to go that route. I may at a later time go for one of their single stroke pneumatics which they call an entry level target pistol.

I bought the 365 BB version, AVOID it at all costs! Looks nice, but WHEN it works, it's very anemic with horrible accuracy. I truly hope your 320 fairs better.

I have buried in the junk somewhere a CO2 bb pistol modeled after a Walther PPK. It is so inaccurate that I find it hard to hit a large stray dog on the butt to chase him off. Velocity is so slow you can see the bb flying, rather erratically . The little Sig I ordered is stated to have a rifled barrel. That plus pellets should be a couple of steps up for accuracy.

Being one of those individuals who tends to "improve" or personalize items. I am thinking about getting a P365xl grip module and swapping it onto my P365. The only downsides is that I will not be able to use the 10 round magazines, but 12 rounders will fit flush. I think that will still leave it small enough for pocket carry. Anyway I have 4 of the 12 rounders on order and will see how much taller they make the gun.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My preference is to carry the P 365 with the flush 10 rounder inserted, no finger extension, and carry a 12 rounder as a reload. For me, a P365 is a little large for pocket carry, but I don't care for pocket carry anyways. YMMV.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
My preference is to carry the P 365 with the flush 10 rounder inserted, no finger extension, and carry a 12 rounder as a reload. For me, a P365 is a little large for pocket carry, but I don't care for pocket carry anyways. YMMV.
I treat my Sig P290RS similarly. I carry with the 6 round magazines and the 8 round ones as spares.

proxy.php

Gotcha! Honestly the way I dress, pocket carry is the only way that is practical for me. Growing up back in the 50's & 60's there seemed to be an unwritten dress code to keep shirts tucked in, then when I became a USAF officer it was mandatory, and finally in civilian work I wore a shirt and tie. Old habits die hard, I thought about some of those "Mexican wedding" shirts, but most I have seen have material too thin to do a good job of concealment.

Gotcha! Honestly the way I dress, pocket carry is the only way that is practical for me. Growing up back in the 50's & 60's there seemed to be an unwritten dress code to keep shirts tucked in, then when I became a USAF officer it was mandatory, and finally in civilian work I wore a shirt and tie. Old habits die hard, I thought about some of those "Mexican wedding" shirts, but most I have seen have material too thin to do a good job of concealment.

It was very hard for me to wear un-tucked shirts after 20 years in the Corp. I'm picky and have found that seersucker type material is great as it breaks up the outline of a pistol as well as anything. Been wearing a Vedder light tuck holster with the "claw". It really draws in the holster and pistol nice.

OkieStubble

It was very hard for me to wear un-tucked shirts after 20 years in the Corp. I'm picky and have found that seersucker type material is great as it breaks up the outline of a pistol as well as anything. Been wearing a Vedder light tuck holster with the "claw". It really draws in the holster and pistol nice.

My belly keeps the claw from working. :)

I have been rethinking IWB carry. Retried an old Galco I had, and remembered why I did not like it. It has a plastic clip that comes up, then down over waistband of pants under belt and the up . Just a notch to hold against belt to keep from pulling it out. Downside is it pulls the pants down right there, so IMHO is useless. I think I will try one of those Vedder holsters, the clip looks like it would support the holster against both up and down movement,

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Along the gulf coast, the vented fishing shirts are always popular, as is the ubiquitous Hawaiian shirt.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Just went by Academy Sports and their Magellan brand fishing shirts are on sale, buy 2 get 50% off on the 2nd. I picked up two for about $15 each.

OkieStubble

Just went by Academy Sports and their Magellan brand fishing shirts are on sale, buy 2 get 50% off on the 2nd. I picked up two for about $15 each.

Now that's my kind of deal! I am practicing social separation, I wonder if that deal is online?

Seeing everything about the panic buying of guns and ammo, it almost makes me wish I had not purchased the Sig earlier this week. I was definitely not I need, having two small Sig's and a Kimber ultra carry(I think) in .45 along with numerous revolvers. Probably enough guns to start a small store, but then that's 50+ years of accumulation.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Seeing everything about the panic buying of guns and ammo, it almost makes me wish I had not purchased the Sig earlier this week. I was definitely not I need, having two small Sig's and a Kimber ultra carry(I think) in .45 along with numerous revolvers. Probably enough guns to start a small store, but then that's 50+ years of accumulation.
The Spock Principle; "Live long and accumulate!".

After about 3" of rain in the wee ours of the morning today, and with ground already saturated, we have water standing everywhere, so cannot get out and do anything. I took my new p365 and gave it a light cleaning, then lubed it well with some wp25b grease, put the slide back on and then over the course of the afternoon hand cycled it 150-200t times, enough to get sore hands. Each time I pulled the trigger so it would reset and go through all the functions of firing. That did wonders for smoothing it up, the takedown lever was extremely hard to opivot down, now it's merely stiff. Trigger pull stayed about the same at 6 1/2-7 depending on where you apply the pull gauge. I'm planning on installing a straight trigger next week along with a spring kit to reduce the pull, MCarbo claims their kit can reduce it about 40 % to around 4, I will be happy with 5. I also watched some videos on disassembly that also showed some points that can use a little polishing, especially the back of the trigger bar and portions of the frame that contact the trigger bar. I think I will stay old school and go Arkansas stones, fine ceramic at least on the sear and striker , those videos showed using a Dremel .

After about 3" of rain in the wee ours of the morning today, and with ground already saturated, we have water standing everywhere, so cannot get out and do anything. I took my new p365 and gave it a light cleaning, then lubed it well with some wp25b grease, put the slide back on and then over the course of the afternoon hand cycled it 150-200t times, enough to get sore hands. Each time I pulled the trigger so it would reset and go through all the functions of firing. That did wonders for smoothing it up, the takedown lever was extremely hard to opivot down, now it's merely stiff. Trigger pull stayed about the same at 6 1/2-7 depending on where you apply the pull gauge. I'm planning on installing a straight trigger next week along with a spring kit to reduce the pull, MCarbo claims their kit can reduce it about 40 % to around 4, I will be happy with 5. I also watched some videos on disassembly that also showed some points that can use a little polishing, especially the back of the trigger bar and portions of the frame that contact the trigger bar. I think I will stay old school and go Arkansas stones, fine ceramic at least on the sear and striker , those videos showed using a Dremel .
Dremels can really bounce around violently if not super careful. I have messed up quite a few non firearms related projects with the dremel tool!

Top Bottom