What's new

SIG P365 Redux

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My concern is the trigger, Can some of you folks give your impression of trigger, smoothness, pull, ect.

Mine breaks at about 6.25lbs consistently. The uptake is longer than my HK pistols, but it's not not bad. Mine has absolutely no grit in the trigger whatsoever, but there is a bit of sponginess before the break. The break is audible and tactile. So is the reset. The reset feels a bit long to me, but again, that's compared to my VP9 and VP9SK. I've messed around with a few other pistols, but I really don't have much experience for comparisons sake.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Mine breaks at about 6.25lbs consistently. The uptake is longer than my HK pistols, but it's not not bad. Mine has absolutely no grit in the trigger whatsoever, but there is a bit of sponginess before the break. The break is audible and tactile. So is the reset. The reset feels a bit long to me, but again, that's compared to my VP9 and VP9SK. I've messed around with a few other pistols, but I really don't have much experience for comparisons sake.

Both of mine did/do also.

Good advice Jeff. I just recently moved, downsizing our space since all the kids are grown and gone. I actually, just got permission from the wife to looking into in-closing the large back patio into some type of day room. This will give me the extra space to begin my future reloading. I have been doing alot of research for presses as of late.

My goal at first obviously, is to quickly get to the place, where I am an efficient enough reloader, to safely crank out as much 9mm and .223/.556 as I can in a day. I shoot alot. but 50% of that is on taxpayer's dime at work. I will want to make up for that 50% by reloading my own by the time I retire, so I will need a progressive fairly quickly.

I have been noticing, one can pick up a used quality single stage loader for around $200. I will probably do this also. Once I get my reloading room set up, I can quickly learn to become efficient in proceeding thru the various reloading stages and when I become consistent, move on to a Dillion Progressive where I can crank out the rounds.

Then, the single stage can still be used if/when experimenting with different individual loads like 10mm, or .300 BO.

This is my goal anyway. Hopefully I won't blow myself up moving to fast. :)
That's the right idea. Go for quality reloads , the learn to make me quality reloads quickly. I wish I could have shot on the taxpayers dime. I was USAF officer, active duty for 10 years, and none of the bases where I was stationed would allow shooting on the ranges except for training purposes. During that ten years, from 68-79 I qualified once with the M16, in basic as an enlisted trainee, then a few months later with the 38 revolver, I forget model #, but a K frame S&W , 4" barrel with target sights. I had grown up shooting rifles, and then purchased a K 38 about a year before the USAF qualification, so it was a cakewalk. I did manage to acquire 6000-7000 once fired 5.56 cases and about 1500 rounds of 38 ball ammo. That was all my active duty shooting, cannot understand why the USAF did not want people more proficient. Some years later I went into active reserve and we had to qualify annually with the m9 beretta. By that time I was shooting 1911's and a Browning Hi Power, so it was easy. Our enlisted troops qualified on the M 16 with some kind of laser device, no live ammo for them.

Right now I have dies for 18-20 rifle calibers,and 7 handgun calibers, and way too many bullet molds.

Well I "bit the bullet" and went by the local gun shop. I was pricing the P365 SAS, but it was going to be in the $600 plus range. He had a standard and a XL on display and I picked them up and liked. Ended on getting the standard with manual safety for 499. I liked the straight trigger so will probably get one installed, along with a spring kit to reduce the trigger pull. The trigger is nice, buti have shot target guns so much that I like a light crisp pull. Price helped me decided against the SAS model, which has a ported barrel, which I did not care for because of louder muzzle blast, along with enhanced muzzle flash in low light. Sig lists a SAS slide, non ported and I may pick up one of those when available. Ordered a Kramer pocket holster for it so the games begin, again

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well I "bit the bullet" and went by the local gun shop. I was pricing the P365 SAS, but it was going to be in the $600 plus range. He had a standard and a XL on display and I picked them up and liked. Ended on getting the standard with manual safety for 499. I liked the straight trigger so will probably get one installed, along with a spring kit to reduce the trigger pull. The trigger is nice, buti have shot target guns so much that I like a light crisp pull. Price helped me decided against the SAS model, which has a ported barrel, which I did not care for because of louder muzzle blast, along with enhanced muzzle flash in low light. Sig lists a SAS slide, non ported and I may pick up one of those when available. Ordered a Kramer pocket holster for it so the games begin, again

Congrats! Keep us updated on how it shoots and functions.

It looks like it will be a few weeks before I am able to shoot it. The range I use is about 40 miles one way, so I generally like to make a day of it. The rifle range tends to get very soggy after rain like we have been having and more is on the way this week. I also have several rifles mostly 22's I want to get zeroed and checked also. Hoping for a couple of weeks of dry weather. Come August we well be crying for rain.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My range has been closed for two months, save one weekend, might open back up in a week or two. I've been reduced to shooting rats with .22 rat shot.

I have not been over to see, nor called. Last year after a moderate rain it was soggy and I can just imagine. If this medical scare were not going on I would head over to our house in N La. and visit the parish range and some of the deputies there.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Oh it's fun, but no real markmanship involved, just low light CQB in an 8 x 16 chicken coop with my S&W M 17 and Fenix E 12.

No rats or mice, but sounds like fun. We have an old deck, and rail comes up to just outside our dining room window, which we can see from living room. I had put an old cast iron hibachi on the rail, and was putting birdseed in it for the wife to watch, mostly blue jays and cardinals, then late last summer in mid morning spotted a couple of racoons there. We started putting some dry dog food out and have had a show every night, and early some mornings. The other night there was a small possum there, went outside and walked right up to him. Crows have discovered the treasure and we often see two or three during the day. My wife loves it as we no longer have any pets. Of course we have a bunch of squirrels, one with no tail has been here almost two years now, the wife calls him stumpy.

you guys with the P365 and the SAS sights need to be somewhat vigilant with them in lighting conditions, when going from dark to bright the sights have been "disappearing" per say on guys and it's been causing them to trade them in.

I work part time at a gun shop and I've noticed alot of SAS's coming back, and guys going back to the Glock G43 or the hellcat from Springfield.

Just food for thought that's all. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sig fan boy and love them, and I think the P365 is brilliant, but that SAS sight issue once pointed out to me was the difference in keeping my G42 or moving to the Sig Platform.

you guys with the P365 and the SAS sights need to be somewhat vigilant with them in lighting conditions, when going from dark to bright the sights have been "disappearing" per say on guys and it's been causing them to trade them in.

I work part time at a gun shop and I've noticed alot of SAS's coming back, and guys going back to the Glock G43 or the hellcat from Springfield.

Just food for thought that's all. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sig fan boy and love them, and I think the P365 is brilliant, but that SAS sight issue once pointed out to me was the difference in keeping my G42 or moving to the Sig Platform.

I finally put my mitts on a 365 SAS and while I get the "something different" concept, I see zero reason for a ported barrel on a micro carry pistol and the sights are just plain goofy. I stood there lining up the sights and wondering why anyone would think this is a much faster target acquisition. I had a very early 365 and while it wasn't for me, I never felt like I was in peril due to a possible snag from the sights.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I finally put my mitts on a 365 SAS and while I get the "something different" concept, I see zero reason for a ported barrel on a micro carry pistol and the sights are just plain goofy. I stood there lining up the sights and wondering why anyone would think this is a much faster target acquisition. I had a very early 365 and while it wasn't for me, I never felt like I was in peril due to a possible snag from the sights.

Military Arms Channel wasn't to happy with his either.

it's like a Ruger LC9 you either like it or you don't, there is no in between, as I mentioned I know die hard sig guys that won't touch this thing. Then I know die hard glock smith guys that made the change and are all about it.

One man's perfect carry piece is another man's worse nightmare.

Decided I needed more practice and ordered a Sig P320 air(CO2) pellet pistol. 30 round mag, semi auto blowback, rifled barrel for pellets Wish that they made one in 365 configuration, but this looks close. Their 365 model is bb only and did not want to go that route. I may at a later time go for one of their single stroke pneumatics which they call an entry level target pistol.

Top Bottom