What's new

SIG P365 Redux

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Another 90 factory rounds through my P365 without issue. Roughly 50 rounds of reloads shot also, some failures to go fully into battery, but I blame the reloads, not the gun. Ran into a guy at the range today that had over 4K rounds through his. When asked if he had any problems, he replied "Only if I haven't cleaned it". I get the impression that the P365 can be ammo sensitive and needs a bit more preventive maintenance than say, your average Glock.

I put 800 thru my P365 before it's first cleaning and another 1200 or so before it's second cleaning. I only used name brand manufactured FMJ and HP's no reloads of any kind.

I've put about 300 rounds through mine, all with Blazer Brass practice ammo. I've had no failures to feed, but some failures to lock back after the last round in a mag.

I'm 99% sure that's because I'm riding the slide lock lever, a habit from my 1911 practice. I'm slowly training myself to keep my thumb under the lever pressing up, rather than on top of it. Any other ideas for thumb placement? There isn't a lot of room there...

OkieStubble

I've put about 300 rounds through mine, all with Blazer Brass practice ammo. I've had no failures to feed, but some failures to lock back after the last round in a mag.

I'm 99% sure that's because I'm riding the slide lock lever, a habit from my 1911 practice. I'm slowly training myself to keep my thumb under the lever pressing up, rather than on top of it. Any other ideas for thumb placement? There isn't a lot of room there...

Lol'd. Only if your thumbs are double jointed. Or you can hack it off if you're Russian Mafia. Wait. I think that's the pinky. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I put another 220 + factory rounds through my P365 today without any problems, for just over 1K factory rounds. Today I was shooting Winchester 115 gr FMJ that came in a 500 round plastic ammo can. Although the packaging was different, it appeared to be the same WWB "value pack" ammo sold in 100 and 200 round boxes. But this ammo was very, very smokey. Functioned fine, none the less.

OkieStubble

I put another 220 + factory rounds through my P365 today without any problems, for just over 1K factory rounds. Today I was shooting Winchester 115 gr FMJ that came in a 500 round plastic ammo can. Although the packaging was different, it appeared to be the same WWB "value pack" ammo sold in 100 and 200 round boxes. But this ammo was very, very smokey. Functioned fine, none the less.

Any ideas why it’s temperamental with reloads and not factory?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Any ideas why it’s temperamental with reloads and not factory?
I have had the truncated cone bullets seated out pretty far, but still within specs. I may have to reduce my charge of Bluedot powder, although not a max charge it is lightly compressed, and seat the TC bullets a bit deeper. I also have some round nose FMJs I can load which will hopefully function without issue, just haven't got around to it yet. I could also switch powders to give a bit more room in the case for deeper bullet seating. I've been meaning to try out "Tightgroup" powder which uses less volume as compared to Bluedot and is potentially cheaper.

OkieStubble

I have had the truncated cone bullets seated out pretty far, but still within specs. I may have to reduce my charge of Bluedot powder, although not a max charge it is lightly compressed, and seat the TC bullets a bit deeper. I also have some round nose FMJs I can load which will hopefully function without issue, just haven't got around to it yet. I could also switch powders to give a bit more room in the case for deeper bullet seating. I've been meaning to try out "Tightgroup" powder which uses less volume as compared to Bluedot and is potentially cheaper.

I just signed up last week for a 1-day 'basics of reloading' class at the end of October. I'm excited and can hardly wait. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I just signed up last week for a 1-day 'basics of reloading' class at the end of October. I'm excited and can hardly wait. :)
Handloading/reloading is a fascinating hobby on its own. Also a bottomless rabbit hole, if you let it become one. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
There are a ton of reloading videos on Youtube, the Sinclair reloading series is a good place to start.

OkieStubble

There are a ton of reloading videos on Youtube, the Sinclair reloading series is a good place to start.

Yeah, seen lots of videos, but this class will allow me to learn by getting my hands dirty without the initial investment.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I wholly support attending the class, can't go wrong there. I was largely self taught, trial and error. Wernt no interwebs nor classes that I knew of back then! Had to buy everything local.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Another 200 factory rounds through the P365 without a bauble, running total 1200 + factory rounds.

OkieStubble

Another 200 factory rounds through the P365 without a bauble, running total 1200 + factory rounds.

What! Not even a bauble? :) 1200 thru it already? Sounds like you are on a quick pace to 2000. Erik got 2000 thru his pretty quick also, which gives merit to Sig quality and reliability. Not just hitting the 2000 round mark, but 2000 rounds thru it in a quick and expedient manner without a bauble? That's pretty good reliability that one can depend on.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
If I were that Sig, after 1,200 rounds and working great, I'd be a bit upset if I didn't get a bauble. Treat her nice, John.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
No issues with factory rounds. I shot about 50 rounds of reloads using Speer FMJ round nose instead of my previous long seated truncated cones, had one failure to go all the way into battery, may have been a bur on the case, who knows. But I feel that these reloads were functioning better than my previous ones. I shot the match with these reloads in my Glock, no problemo.

OkieStubble

No issues with factory rounds. I shot about 50 rounds of reloads using Speer FMJ round nose instead of my previous long seated truncated cones, had one failure to go all the way into battery, may have been a bur on the case, who knows. But I feel that these reloads were functioning better than my previous ones. I shot the match with these reloads in my Glock, no problemo.

It's a Glock. Nuff said. :)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

Great to hear, John! I know next to nothing about reloading, but I've put at least 11 different factory loads through mine and they have all seemed to do just fine.

What! Not even a bauble? :) 1200 thru it already? Sounds like you are on a quick pace to 2000. Erik got 2000 thru his pretty quick also, which gives merit to Sig quality and reliability. Not just hitting the 2000 round mark, but 2000 rounds thru it in a quick and expedient manner without a bauble? That's pretty good reliability that one can depend on.

I just looked through my shooting log, and I hit 2000 in exactly seven weeks and eight trips to the range.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've been in less of a rush racking up the rounds with this second P365. Been busy doing other things the last two months.

I applaud you for doing this. I learned "hands on" it back when I was young + I borrowed a friend's copy of the late Dean Grennell book on reloading. Great basic book.

Top Bottom