What's new

SIG P365 Redux

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Very cool, thanks! So according to that list, my first P 365 was made in Sept of 2018, somewhere between Rob"s and Erick's

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Very cool, thanks! So according to that list, my first P 365 was made in Sept of 2018, somewhere between Rob"s and Erick's

We also need to take into account that Sig stopped production on the 365 at least two different times that I know of.

Once when they were having extraction problems and the second when the striker tips were breaking.

Don’t know how long of time production was stopped in those occurrences but we can assume that serial numbers stopped as well.

So, if they stopped production for a month? And then started again later? Serial numbers can not be used to track BOD’s for consecutive months.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Also remember that guns are not sold sequentially or even shipped sequentially. Serial numbers only give an indication of about when the gun was proofed. Pieces parts sit in inventory until used and it's quite common for a more recently made part to get used before a much older part from the back of the parts bin.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The list is confusing at best, there is a big gap in SNs where my current P365 would fall, but the dates from the list don't bracket the BOD on the box my gun came in. I give up. The only thing that matters is whether the gun continues to function reliably past the 2K mark.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The list is confusing at best, there is a big gap in SNs where my current P365 would fall, but the dates from the list don't bracket the BOD on the box my gun came in. I give up. The only thing that matters is whether the gun continues to function reliably past the 2K mark.
Amen Brother, Preach the Gospel and let it be Born Again through Fire and Anointed and Cleansed with Hoppes.

Great report! Keep firing. They won’t send a lemon to fix a problem. It would be making more work for the person sending the replacement!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Fired 300 rounds today of WWB 115 gr. FMJ without any issues, 500 rounds down, 1500 to go.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I just ordered a SIG Air P365 CO2 BB gun that is a nearly exact copy of the center-fire version. The range I shoot at doesn't allow shooting from the holster or any shoot and move type exercises. This will allow me to practice all the things I can't do at the range at home. SIG specifically made this as a trainer for the real thing. An interesting write up that compares the BB gun to the real thing is to be found here:
Sig Sauer P365 Part 1 | Airgun Experience
Skip to Part 4 for the comparison of shooting both BB and 9mm. Parts 1 through 3 compare the BB version to other replica BB pistols.

I just ordered a SIG Air P365 CO2 BB gun that is a nearly exact copy of the center-fire version. The range I shoot at doesn't allow shooting from the holster or any shoot and move type exercises. This will allow me to practice all the things I can't do at the range at home. SIG specifically made this as a trainer for the real thing. An interesting write up that compares the BB gun to the real thing is to be found here:
Sig Sauer P365 Part 1 | Airgun Experience
Skip to Part 4 for the comparison of shooting both BB and 9mm. Parts 1 through 3 compare the BB version to other replica BB pistols.
Places around here use the bb replicas for training.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I put another 200 rounds of Federal 124 gr. FMJ through my P 365. One failure to go fully into battery, no failures to eject or issues with the rear plate. Keeping fingers crossed, 700 rounds down.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I put another 200 rounds of Federal 124 gr. FMJ through my P 365. One failure to go fully into battery, no failures to eject or issues with the rear plate. Keeping fingers crossed, 700 rounds down.

Think it was shooter caused?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Think it was shooter caused?

Doubtful, it happened in the middle of a string, no change in grip, as mentioned before, I wrap my thumbs down, not likely to be rubbing the slide. Oh, by the way, I noted that if I unwrap my little finger, the magazine will drop free most of the time.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Doubtful, it happened in the middle of a string, no change in grip, as mentioned before, I wrap my thumbs down, not likely to be rubbing the slide. Oh, by the way, I noted that if I unwrap my little finger, the magazine will drop free most of the time.
When in doubt, pinky out!

I wish you the best of luck with it! I wish Sig was the company that it was when the P226/229 series became popular. Those were some amazing weapons. I have just read so many stories like yours and have fallen out out love with Sig. They use their civilian customers as beta testers for different manufacturing procedures and designs. What the military and other LEO agencies buy is not what is available commercially. I know that for a fact and I think it is absolutely wrong.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Another 90 factory rounds through my P365 without issue. Roughly 50 rounds of reloads shot also, some failures to go fully into battery, but I blame the reloads, not the gun. Ran into a guy at the range today that had over 4K rounds through his. When asked if he had any problems, he replied "Only if I haven't cleaned it". I get the impression that the P365 can be ammo sensitive and needs a bit more preventive maintenance than say, your average Glock.

Top Bottom