What's new

SIG P365 Redux

carrying IWB is how I roll now, it's been like for 3 years, I do have a OWB holster that I'll wear from time to time, but that's for when I carry the glock 19, and when I'm wearing a hoody and or something really thick and printing won't be an issue.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Dremels can really bounce around violently if not super careful. I have messed up quite a few non firearms related projects with the dremel tool!

I use dremels when doing a .25 cent trigger job on a striker fired pistol. But I won’t use a grinding stone or sandpaper. That’s way too easy too make a mistake taking off too much metal on certain contact areas.

However, if you stick to just the cotton buffing wheel and a compound like flitz, the results are great and the risk of messing up low.

I started to install a trigger spring kit and a straight trigger in my 365ms, and quickly learned that my old eyes with mild cataracts are not good for that fine detail work, so I packed it up and down to the gunsmith. I was surprised when he said it might be ready late this afternoon.

Got it back last Friday, trigger greatly improved. I then checked a few other things out and learned where the striker and serar contact. I lightly stoned the striker surface, where it should be flat, there was slight dishing, so I lightly stoned it flat, then did as several folks showed in different videos, took my little "Dremel" type polisher with a hard felt wheel, and some green compound and polished the contact surfaces on the sear to an almost mirror polish. Cleaned and put it back together and lubed with a mix of superlube synthetic grease and moly paste. Trigger pull is now right at 4 lbs, absolutely no creep, drag or grittiness. It is actually better than my little Sig P938 which is a micro 9mm, single action 1911 type.

I bought the 365 BB version, AVOID it at all costs! Looks nice, but WHEN it works, it's very anemic with horrible accuracy. I truly hope your 320 fairs better.
I picked up a couple of extra pellet magazines and some lightweight pellets and gave it a quick try shooting out of my shed a few minutes ago. Temperature is dropping and humidity is very high, and breezes gusting. I shot at a small box probably at about 30 feet. Trigger is not the greatest, and it certainly is no target gun but I kept everything , about 50 pellets in about a 3 1/2" group, shooting offhand, rapid fire.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I ran another 50+ rounds of factory ammo through my P 365 yesterday in a match, gun functioned perfectly. 1370+ trouble free factory rounds so far. I have yet to reload any more 9mm with an adjusted seating depth, I'll wait till I have depleted what I have on hand, which shouldn't take too long now that my range is back open.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I very slightly adjusted my bullet seating die so that RNFMJ bullets were right at max OAL and loaded up a box of 50. Of those, 49 functioned without issue in the P365, one round did not go fully into battery, but was easily remedied with a gentle palm strike to the back of the slide and then fired as intended. So a little more tweaking is in order, but not much. It remains to be seen if TCFP bullets will require any seating die adjustments, hopefully I can arrive at one seating depth that works for both bullets reliably without having to make any adjustments when switching bullet styles.

Top Bottom