What's new

SIG P365 Redux

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Thanks to those who have followed the thread "My New Favorite Thing..." chronicling my trials and tribulations with the SIG P 365. Those who followed that thread will remember that my first P 365 ran without issue for the first 1000 rounds, had issues after that and was returned to SIG for repair but continued to have issues and was returned again. It has now been replaced with a new P 365. This thread will document the break in of the replacement P365. It's first trip to the range is planned for tomorrow.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Sticker on the outside of the case says 20 May 2018. I never noticed what my first one was.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Sticker on the outside of the case says 20 May 2018. I never noticed what my first one was.

This information is very, very interesting. Mine was June of 28, and Erik’s was November of 18’. I know Sig had problems with all earlier DOB’s from the 1st of May backwards.

Since you don’t know the DOB of your first one John, and you second one is the 20th of May 28’ this tells me your first one was possibly an earlier model that had troubles.

I’m even more surprised they are trying to sneak one out for the middle of May 18’ instead of sending you something in 2019.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Hopefully mine is past the "problem era". I did notice that it has a different plastic case than my first one. The first ones case was actually a bit nicer, with cut outs in the foam. The case on my new one was slightly smaller and has no cut outs, just egg crate type foam. I don't really care about the case, I won't use it unless I have to ship the gun back to SIG. Just wondering about the chronology, if any can be assigned to the type of case used?

Oh, and an extra 12 round magazine made it to my mailbox yesterday.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Range trip today with the new P 365 went without even a hiccup. Fired 100 rounds of Federal 115 gr. FMJ and another 100 rounds of Federal 124 gr. FMJ. Also fired 7 rounds of SIG 124 gr. V-Crown JHPs . The other 13 from a 20 round box went in the magazine/chamber as carry ammo as I left the range. Of course only time will tell until after I pass the 1K rounds fired milestone, but I am optimistic.

Of note, my first P 365 was of an earlier production than the current issue, obviously from the "time of troubles". While I don't have the DOB on the first gun, I did have it's serial number written down, 66A11XXXX, versus my current gun's SN of 66A14XXXX

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My “Born on date” is 08/26/2018
Serial #66A101XXX.
No problems to date.

Very interesting, even earlier SN than the one that gave me problems.

This information is very, very interesting. Mine was June of 28, and Erik’s was November of 18’. I know Sig had problems with all earlier DOB’s from the 1st of May backwards.

Since you don’t know the DOB of your first one John, and you second one is the 20th of May 28’ this tells me your first one was possibly an earlier model that had troubles.

I’m even more surprised they are trying to sneak one out for the middle of May 18’ instead of sending you something in 2019.

D'oh!!! Looking closer at the labeled date on my new P365, it is actually 20 May 19, NOT 20 May 18. The label printing is not very clear with the last number partially obliterated. Damn these eyes!

Young Frankenstien "Damn these eyes - Bing video

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Watching with great interest. My LCP is jealous. She knows she may be replaced with a newer model.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Given Acmemfg's born on date and serial number, my original P365 had to have been made after 8/18 and after when the problems had been supposedly corrected. Curiouser and curiouser.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You may have just gotten a manufacturing lemon that quality control didn't catch. From you sending it back it looks like not even the factory couldn't fix it. It happens. Glad Sig stands behind their product.

Looking forward to the reliability report on the replacement.

There is another control number stamped on the bottom inside of the slide. Perhaps that is a better indicator of the time frame for the problematic P365s?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
There is another control number stamped on the bottom inside of the slide. Perhaps that is a better indicator of the time frame for the problematic P365s?

I've seen that, but what would one reference/compare it to?

Top Bottom