What's new

SIG P365 advice

Ordered a Sig P365 about a week ago and I go to pick it up from my FFL in a couple hours. For those of you who may have them, any gotcha's a new sig owner should look out for? Everything I've read so far, seems to imply they got the firing pin issue figured out, but are there any other things to look out for? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pistol newbie, but I've never had a SIG before. Have a few different pistols but my EDC is a .45 and was looking for something a bit lighter, more discreet and something that carried a few more rounds, so I opted for the SIG.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Run tons of ammo through it to see what it can handle. Use CPL, as recommended in the manual, to clean and lube it. Try not to get any lube in the firing pin channel. The mags will be very tight when loading to full capacity, but they should break in slightly with lots of use.

You should consider getting a few of the 12 round magazines. I like to carry a 10 rounder in my holster, and a 12 rounder as a backup.

Congrats on the new pistol!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
^ What he said. I'm on my second P365. You may be interested in reading my two threads.

Last edited:
Thank you both very much! It's going on the bench tonight for a full strip and thorough cleaning. I'll be reading those threads a little bit later tonight.

IMG_1254.jpg
IMG_1255.jpg

Lower pic is Sig 365, has the latest striker, new recoil spring and fixed trigger all by Sig. That is how it drags in mine with all sorts of different ammo.
Upper pic is G 43X

I have had mine about 6 weeks and not had a chance to get out and shoot it. I picked up a Sig laser sight, looks neat and does not add much bulk. I did "zero" it using one of the Wheeler engineering laser bore sighters, one that magnetically attaches to the end of the barrel and assumes that the barrel is cut square to the bore axis, so hop it will get me on target.

I have been practicing dry fire and like it. I was surprised at the quality of the trigger pull for a striker fired gun, mine is light right under 4 lbs , very smooth and crisp, actually better than the single action pull on my 1911 type Sig P938, plus the gun is marginally larger and fits my hand better. I wish they would make a .22 adapter for it like they did for the P938.

Top Bottom