What's new

Sideburns

What is the most popular sideburn length

• Short (Top of ear)

• Short-Medium(Just above the middle)

• Medium(Middle of the ear)

• Medium-Long(Slightly below the middle of the ear)

• Long( everything beyond)

Results are only viewable after voting.
army regs dictate that the sideburn be level to the marching surface and no longer than the bottom of the opening of the ear. I like to try to let mine stretch their legs a bit. Until Big Sarge helps me to remember what the regs state. . .It is a good time had by all.

I'm not in the army, but I keep mine at the top of the ear. My friends and I all have a very crude name for these non-existent sideburns.

Few gentlemen can pull it off as well as we.

Does anybody cut their sideburns at an angle? As in the bottom/flat part of the sideburns is facing your mouth/chin area? I used to cut them like that, I liked it.

I used to before my AF years!

Right at the bottom of my ear, has been for the last 14 years. I think all that time my sister spent watching 90210 had an effect on me. :eek:

+1 LOL The girls loved my burns when I was in High School

army regs dictate that the sideburn be level to the marching surface and no longer than the bottom of the opening of the ear. I like to try to let mine stretch their legs a bit. Until Big Sarge helps me to remember what the regs state. . .It is a good time had by all.

This is the same for AF

A gentleman, would not use a crude name for anything.

My .02.

+1

I have a relatively useless bit of info about how the sideburn got its name,

Back in the days of muzzle rifles, which were loaded with gun powder, when the riflesmen would take aim and fire, the muzzle flash at the region of the ear would get burnt by the muzzle flash, so they used to grow big lamb chop sideburns and hence got its name "side-burns"

Thanks you!

My "natural" burns grow to the middle of my ear and that is where I where them. By natural, I mean that is where my hairline stops and beard begins if that makes any sense.

I usually have earlobe-or-lower sideburns, usually kind of wide as well. Growing a *GASP* beard for the month of February, however. Which might then go to friendly mutton chops. tee hee.

Finally told the wife I'm growing some Mutton chops. Any suggestions on kepping them trimmed nicely (had an electric shaving but my wifes cousin stole the power cord) :cursing:

Trying to grow my hair out for donation, so my sideburns have been growing along with the rest of the hair. So far, got just enough for a tiny ponytail. SWMBO isn't liking it so far...

I grew mine long after seeing how well they worked on David Tennant when he first played on Doctor Who. They've been long ever since and I've received compliments from all except my mother.

Top Bottom