What's new

Shulton's Night Spice from 1987

This is a long forgotten scent that needs to really be seen (SMELLED) a lot more.
I'm really surprised this flanker isn't mentioned much, if at all.

I recently bought a bottle of this after being hesitant out of fear I might get hooked.
I was right. Love at first sniff. It only lasted a few years since it was released during Shulton's final years.
Plus, it's has a super 80s vibe so I doubt it it would have lasted past the early 90s.
Of course I'm speaking on behalf of the box and bottle art (which I find incredible).

The scent reminds me of a less spicy/more smooth and powdery lavender CK Obsession.
It has a feminine feel to it but just enough. It's masculine enough to wear and girls love it.

Any of you gents remember this? I highly recommend it in any OS fans collection.
I'm hunting for a still in production scent thats similar. I've become obsessed with it.

I had a bottle of this long ago, and the scent I recall is close to Passion by Elizabeth Taylor. Passion is wonderful, a smooth warm comforting scent that lasts on me at least six hours. The drydown of Passion is awesome. Also, Calvin Klein Obsession is close to Night Spice.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is a long forgotten scent that needs to really be seen (SMELLED) a lot more.
I'm really surprised this flanker isn't mentioned much, if at all.

I recently bought a bottle of this after being hesitant out of fear I might get hooked.
I was right. Love at first sniff. It only lasted a few years since it was released during Shulton's final years.
Plus, it's has a super 80s vibe so I doubt it it would have lasted past the early 90s.
Of course I'm speaking on behalf of the box and bottle art (which I find incredible).

The scent reminds me of a less spicy/more smooth and powdery lavender CK Obsession.
It has a feminine feel to it but just enough. It's masculine enough to wear and girls love it.

Any of you gents remember this? I highly recommend it in any OS fans collection.
I'm hunting for a still in production scent thats similar. I've become obsessed with it.
Definitely have me intrigued... Please let us (me, lol) know if you find a close new fragrance.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I had a bottle of this long ago, and the scent I recall is close to Passion by Elizabeth Taylor. Passion is wonderful, a smooth warm comforting scent that lasts on me at least six hours. The drydown of Passion is awesome. Also, Calvin Klein Obsession is close to Night Spice.
I'll be looking into these! Thanks.

I actually have to disagree about ETs Passion. The two are completely different to my nose. Passion is way to fruity. The only scent I've ever had that I needed to wash off me.

I actually have to disagree about ETs Passion. The two are completely different to my nose. Passion is way to fruity. The only scent I've ever had that I needed to wash off me.
My new bottle (2021) does not smell fruity, at least to me. My previous bottle from maybe a decade ago did have fruity notes at the top. I get lavender, citrus and some cinnamon at the top from the new bottle. Reformulated perhaps? I wore it today after seeing your reply, if fruity notes are in there, they are slight, FWIW. Still reminds me of Night Spice, not a ringer, but close. Wish I still had the Night Spice for comparison. Night Spice was darned good. Too bad it is gone.

My new bottle (2021) does not smell fruity, at least to me. My previous bottle from maybe a decade ago did have fruity notes at the top. I get lavender, citrus and some cinnamon at the top from the new bottle. Reformulated perhaps? I wore it today after seeing your reply, if fruity notes are in there, they are slight, FWIW. Still reminds me of Night Spice, not a ringer, but close. Wish I still had the Night Spice for comparison. Night Spice was darned good. Too bad it is gone.
I only bought one bottle in April 2021. I was repulsed on first spray lol That was my last blind buy ever.

After trying PAAs new Fresco, their homage to Old Spice Fresh (which is a perfect duplicate) I told them about Night Spice. I think that would be a perfect project for them to take on. They informed me they have a sample. Keeping my fingers crossed

Top Bottom