What's new

Showing Some Love for D.R.Harris

D.R.Harris gets less play here than many other English brands. Trumpers,Taylors,T&H,Castle,etc seem to be talked about far more than Harris. Is it the price? Are you dissapointed by the quality? Their Arlington cream has been my go to for a decade, and I think it is one of the best creams out there. And I love the smell. Their soaps are tops too. And I agree their Aftershave milk was better pre reformulation, but I still use it and love it. For me Harris is worth the price in every way. Anyone else a fan?

D.R. Harris Fanboy here. I use the Arlington and Marlborough soaps and love 'em. Just got the Arlington A/S and cologne. The A/S is interesting because you get the alcohol burn quickly followed by some menthol cooling. I could potentially go over the top and just buy all of their products- deodorant, shampoo, etc.

The Arlington A/S and EdC is what I really like. Other Harris' products haven't been used by me though. The Lavender shaving cream comes next.

I use the Arlington soap and I love it. When I first got it, I thought the scent was very strange, but now I love the scent, too. As for shave quality, it has always been top notch.

Tim

I love the marlborough cream and A/S. I really think D.R. Harris may be more lubricating than anything else I have used.

Larry

I only use the Arlington Shave Stick, but I am definitely a fan. The medicine cabinet is full right now, but when some space clears out, I will be trying more.

Ok I just now ordered more arlington and lavender both in mahogany bowls. from west coast shaving. :rolleyes: Special thanks to John for the discount :smile: he has new simpsons brushes which are even denser than before. If I didnt already buy 2 large rooneys I would have picked one up.

Are we allowed to complain about DR Harris in this post? I am from the UK and obviously I support anything UK! But when I commented that there Almond Shave Stick, definately doesnt smell of Almond, their customer support told me it was my sniffer that was at fault.

I put a post on here before about it a couple of months ago, and other people commented that the scent is not good.

I have other products of theirs, and they are good, but not outstanding.

No love from here, all glum, sorry.:mad3:

I wanted to like Harris, but scent is a big thing with me, and when I ordered a tub of the Marlborough cream, I couldn't detect much of any scent at all. John at Shaving Essentials was good enough to do an exchange for me for another product. He said it was a scent that some people just can't seem to pick up. Seems odd, but I suppose it's possible. I may try their soap sticks, but perhaps in almond or lavender.

Not me. Only tried the soap, and I find it subpar. Nothing to do with fragrance. Compared to most other creams and soaps I've tried, it doesn't protect or lubricate as well, nor does it feel as good afterwards. It's kind of middling at both, and I prefer something that excels at one or the other.

I wanted to like Harris, but scent is a big thing with me, and when I ordered a tub of the Marlborough cream, I couldn't detect much of any scent at all. John at Shaving Essentials was good enough to do an exchange for me for another product. He said it was a scent that some people just can't seem to pick up. Seems odd, but I suppose it's possible. I may try their soap sticks, but perhaps in almond or lavender.

I'm right there with you. I too bought the sampler from John at shavingessentials.net and I get a really good shave with all the creams but for me, the scents ALL leave a lot to be desired. I had high hopes for the Arlington because I had read it was citrusy but it just didn't do it for me. I could barely smell the Marlborough and I've never been a fan of lavender. The almond actually smelled pretty good but there are other almonds I like just as well (if not better) that are cheaper (my favorite out of TOBS, T&H, Trumpers and Harris is by far the Trumpers).

So, if aroma takes a back seat to performance you may enjoy the Harris creams but I won't be purchasing any more.

Top Bottom