What's new

Shower Tool, Loofah, Sponge, Poof?

I use 4 different ones depending on the body wash/bath bar.

Right now I'm using the Dove shower tool with my Dove body wash and when the BW is done I'll throw the tool away because I'm on my 2nd bottle of Dove BW with it.

I have an old Poof thingy that I use with Honeybee strawberry shower gel that I'll also throw away when the shower gel is done because It's falling apart.

Then I have a brand new Poof thingy that I'll use in a few weeks for Honeybee Bay rum shower gel.

Then the 4th one is a Ayate exfoliating wash cloth I use for my HB bath bars.

+1 I like being able to run it through the wash, usually after a single use.

I'm with you. I only use a wash cloth and a bar of soap and I throw the wash cloth in the laundry frequently, though not after a single use.

Do you guys who use scrubs & loofas ever wash them? The thought of scraping off and collecting dead skin cells in the scrubber, and then reusing scrubber more than a few times seems a bit gross to me.

$6289021_std.jpg

I'm with you. I only use a wash cloth and a bar of soap and I throw the wash cloth in the laundry frequently, though not after a single use.

Do you guys who use scrubs & loofas ever wash them? The thought of scraping off and collecting dead skin cells in the scrubber, and then reusing scrubber more than a few times seems a bit gross to me.

Yup, in the washing machine in a mesh bag.

The men's soap and body wash section of most large stores like Target will sell netted sponges in dark manly colors. I use one of these if I'm using liquid soap as it lathers more easily. The men's ones are also cheaper than the women's ones for some reason even though they are made of the same materials.

I use a wash cloth for bar soap. And these are easier to toss in a washer with my towels and sheets if you're worried about it harboring bacteria. They are cheap and reusable so you could get 7 of them and use a fresh one each day.

I never liked the axe detailer and similar products. I keep one around because the rough side can scrub off dead skin from my ankles and feet. I do that about once or twice a year.

My wife likes oil of Olay. She uses one of those puffs but I use a regular washcloth. I like being able to scrub every spot that needs it and toss it in the wash. Fresh washcloth with every shower.

I use a Salux Cloth with bars of soap. I just got an order of Stirling soap last week. The combination is wonderful anytime but I NEED Stirling in the winter to feel normal.

Another vote for bar soap and my hands.

I can't use body wash. I tried it years ago and my skin hates it.

I was a wash cloth user for years and abandoned it for my hands when I got too irritated from it. Sensitive skin is a terrible problem.

Chris

I use one of those 99 cent nylon things from HEB , When this one wears out I might get on of those Dove mens things.

I was a wash cloth user for years and abandoned it for my hands when I got too irritated from it. Sensitive skin is a terrible problem.

Chris

+1 same thing as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Similariy, body washes always leave me feeling slimed in need of a good cleaning.

Bar of unscented soap and hands for decades now. I do use a face cloth to help remove the left behind adhesive from a taped on eye patch that's required when i sleep. Tenacious adhesive, sometimes adhesives still there at the final rinse of a three pass shave but that rinse's cold water finally does the trick.

dave

I also recommend Salux. I stumbled across them a couple years ago, and have been ordering 3 packs from Amazon ever since. I use mine for ~4-5 months then ditch it for a new one, YMMV.

proxy.php

Top Bottom