What's new

Show your Captain’s Choice copper bowls!

That Zenith is gorgeous :)
Thank you, it’s 506 Golden Manchurian 27/51 - scrubby and with excellent backbone.

91CD61DF-F022-4CC9-A2BE-48C2A1582BFB.jpeg

Just received my heavyweight from Maggards! I scraped and smeared a small amount of Arko to make a test lather. Never in my life have I seen so much. Kept adding more water to see how far I could take it, but the bowl was overflowing before the Arko would break.

My 22mm brush did the trick, though getting some serious envy looking at that Zenith. Comparison is the theft of joy.

Here's the thing about this bowl. I only use it for making lather some of the time. I have other bowls. But I have found that I cannot stand not to have this bowl out when I shave. Even if it just holds the water I dip the brush into. It adds a classy/old-timey/steampunk vibe to the environment of my shave ritual that I just can't live without.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
F51798C5-D8EC-46E6-ACCF-EBEA786CCD31.jpeg
BE887ABA-212D-42BA-8A30-8663D0A8E8B4.jpeg
2A4921DF-67C4-479B-A756-A56B9FDDA2AA.jpeg

Here is my Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl from the original batch. Mine only gets used around once a week. I prefer to bowl lather my creams and face lather my soaps. It is a great lather bowl.

View attachment 1412246View attachment 1412247View attachment 1412248
Here is my Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl from the original batch. Mine only gets used around once a week. I prefer to bowl lather my creams and face lather my soaps. It is a great lather bowl.
Yours really looks like peened with a hammer. I believe that with the current ones a die is used for the bottom going by the crisp edges and transitions. Nevertheless a great bowl, I use it exclusively since December.

Top Bottom