What's new

Show Your Birth Year Razor(s)

1973 (2Q) TTO SuperSpeed

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have dropped my desire for a birth year razor. I'm third quarter of 1962 which essentially limits me to a slim adjustable. I'm not interested in adjustables or fixed bar razors with the butterfly type loading. I have limited my focus to 3 and some 2 piece razors, mostly open comb razors. Therefore, the vintage razors I end up buying are often much older than any made when I was born. I find it much cooler to be shaving with a 100 year old Old Type than a 54 year old adjustable. But that's just me. So, I won't be searching for a birth year razor unless I can snag one in the wild in excellent condition for next to nothing. About to pull the trigger on my third Single Ring Old Type though. Now THAT is a razor.

Here are my 1955 birth year razors: A1 Flare Tip; A2 Blue Tip; and lastly an A2 Red Tip Super Speed. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Gillette 1955 Super Speed Birth Year Razors A1 Flare Tip, A2 Red Tip, A2 Blue Tip.JPG
Gillette 1955 Super Speed Flare Tip Date Code A1 with Case and 6 Blade Blue Blade Dispenser.JPG
Gillette 1955 A2 Date Code Blue Tip Super Speed with Case and Blue Blade Dispenser Open View.JPG
Gillette 1955 Red Tip Super Speed Razor Date Code A2 .JPG

1962 Slim H3 Not only birth year but birth quarter. It was a good find. I never use it because I don't really like TTO's but it's nice to own. So, why do I own this one and yet another Slim? I just like their looks and that's enough reason for me.

100_1771.JPG

Top Bottom