What's new

Show Your Birth Year Razor(s)

Here is my F3 Fatboy
IMG_3642.jpg

My Gillette Slim J3. Birth year and quarter. I had one in silver then decided I wanted one in gold but just couldn't seem to find a decent one. Hibco had one but missed out and then they listed another one and I snagged it up. More than I wanted to spend on a razor but I love it and don't regret it. The silver one went to my friend who just loves it. I also have a Tech in my birth year but I rarely use it. I also have my Dad's Schick J1 Injector which was made sometime in the mid 60's so around my birth year. I had a Super Speed but never used it and that went to my friend also because he said it was the style his Dad used so I gave it to him as a present. I am thinking I need to acquire another one. Also been looking into A Schick Krona which were made in around the time I was born.

489835-e8581f9db56c35c354c2651c672a85a3.jpg

I like the Slim in the rose! Nice!

Thanks. It is my main razor and I love. Never thought I would ever spend that kind of money on a razor but oh well if I am going to shave it could just as well be in style. Used it this morning and since it was time for a blade change again I decided to clean it since it probably hasn't been cleaned since I posted in this thread last. Sure does look nice cleaned up.

I also had a SS, think it was in my birth year also. I gave it to my friend when I got him started in DE shaving last summer and it reminded him of the razor his Dad used. I never even got to use it, although it didn't bother me, I have a silver toned Slim at the time(sold that one to him also when I got the rose gold Slim) so I might have to find another one just so I have one in my birth year.

All the razors that came in & rolled out of my den... and never owned a birthday razor : / However I do have a stash of birthday blades!!

proxy.php

Got this one coming in the mail:

full

I gave one to my friend just like this last year but for some reason I decided I needed more in my collection. It is a J3 SS in my Birth year and quarter

And the following not quite in my birth year:

full

But in the general area of it since I don't think Schick exactly date coded theirs like Gillette. Been looking for a while and this one looked like it was in nice shape. Was looking for one with the silver knob but the ones I found didn't look clean. Hopefully when it shows up it looks as nice as it does in the photos.

Fourth quarter 1981 super adjustable. It was sent to razorplate and replated in rhodium. Everything was repainted and numbers were changed to the color red. Chris and Cap did an amazing job.
0705172010.jpg

Top Bottom