What's new

Show us your M1 Carbine variants

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Show us your M1 Carbine variants. Do you keep yours as GI originals, or have you modded or tricked yours out? Shoot GI surplus and modern equivalent ammo, or do you reload or use modern high performance ammo?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hm. 'Tis a fine thing. Average Joe could shoot one better than a loosy-goosy 1911.

The round was a bit controversial, but with today's softpoints ...

To Bubba one would be shameful, unless you kept all the GI stuff and can re-assemble.

@OkieStubble , you can just get a .300 Blackout upper for an AR, and you're there, with interest.

AA

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Does this .30 carbine count??

In the safe & not pictured are two stock carbines, one an origin-of-the-species Winchester & the other, one of those near-Northside, Kedzie Avenue juke boxes, a Rock-Ola ... I’m especially fond of the latter because like it, I was born & reared in Chicago. I do have an aftermarket M1A1 stock & flash hider, but they’re collecting dust in some corner.

I load all of my range ammo & the .30 carbine is no exception ... I do apply the reigns to the revolver loads, but run the 110 gr. rifle rounds around 1900-2000 fps.

Dad carried an M-1 carbine, post-WW2 ... the M1 carbine, along with Ivan’s PPs-43, were pick-up weapons of preference for many in the Wehrmacht & lastly, the .30 carbine cartridge has been roundly disparaged, but in reality the M1 was revered by many if not most who carried them in harms way.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
06D325AE-ADA3-43B4-A0BF-A3D1429D0A5E.jpeg
Only pic I have on hand is the “Band of Brothers “ with the M1 Carbine at the bottom. Although it's “ bubba-ed” up, I do have the GI parts to put it back to stock GI.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My carbine was modded with a compact vehicle gun in mind, Choate folding stock, UltiMAK forward scope mount, Burris Fastfire red dot, Insight M6 laser/light. CorBon hollow point rounds in the magazine.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I used to check out an M2 carbine from the arms room. Those were fun to shoot full auto. The P.D. sold all of their older full autos and got HK MP5s. Son-in-law has his Dad's old M1 carbine though.

I want one. :biggrin1:

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
nortac, that photo of yours up there ... it gives meaning anew to the word, trifecta. Nice!

Those .30 Ruger NMBs are a real hoot! Some liken its report to a German 88 & while it does throw a flame & does bark, it’s no worse than a warm .357 mag or 1450fps .357 Sig round.

The day after I picked up my .30c revolver I took it to an Aurora, CO range off of I-225 that shall remain unnamed :) ... guy behind the counter asks what I’m shooting that morning and I reply, “10mm; .38 Special & .30 Carbine.” Guy goes, “Rifles aren’t allowed on the range” & I said, laughingly, “How about a revolver?” He calls one of the shop owners over and said owner puts the kabosh on the Ruger, asserting that they throw a 3-foot flame and are far too loud indoors!” I then ask him if I could bring my 500 S&W to the range next time and he says, “Yea, they’re allowed here.” I just shook my head and re-cased the .30 carbine.

Inland. Stock config. 101st airborne, 501st PIR. D-day. Market garden. Saw a lot. From a retired colonel who was there as a young man.

proxy.php

I'm in the process of building a Ruger 10/22 in carbine configuration. I have all the parts, except for the actual receiver to assemble, and that is supposed to be in the mail.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I used to check out an M2 carbine from the arms room. Those were fun to shoot full auto. The P.D. sold all of their older full autos and got HK MP5s. Son-in-law has his Dad's old M1 carbine though.

I want one. :biggrin1:

Loving the cyclic rate!

AA

tc72M8F.jpg
XFKVxwB.jpg
Not exactly like mine, these are pictures of the one I got the idea from. Mine is all black, I wanted it to look more like a real M1 carbine, a Ruger 10/22

Top Bottom