What's new

show us your Lighters

I always wanted one of those
I know what you mean. That’s how I felt. That particular finish/look seemed to speak to me more than the other choices for some reason. Hopefully you’ll score one soon! As I am sure you already know, it would definitely be a good choice and surely you’d get your utility out of it while lasting you for years to come.

In the FWIW department: I find I am enjoying my new (and first) Zippo w/pipe insert (shown above) very much. We tend to have windy days on the high plains and the Zippo is proving useful for my patio smokes.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
In the FWIW department: I find I am enjoying my new (and first) Zippo w/pipe insert (shown above) very much. We tend to have windy days on the high plains and the Zippo is proving useful for my patio smokes.
I love my Zippo lighters. I top mine off every other day or so and it gets the job done. Sending off more cases for pipe inserts this week.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
074F4AD6-AA19-4C5E-848D-4CFBAFC6BAB8.jpeg
😁

I love my Zippo lighters. I top mine off every other day or so and it gets the job done. Sending off more cases for pipe inserts this week.
When you guys start your light with the Zippo pipe insert, how far do you hover it over the packed bowl generally? Getting a good start has been very difficult learning for me.

Over a year ago I bought an Old Boy knock-off from AliExpress for cheap, I think about $10 or $12 delivered. I figured it was worth a chance at that price. I certainly didn't expect Old Boy quality, but I've been pleasantly surprised. It is still going strong and the IM Corona flints fit perfectly.
proxy.php

I decided to buy a couple more while they were still available. In the meantime, with the "trade war" the cost has gone up a few bucks and a few bucks s/h. Ironically, they made the trip from China just fine, until the USPS dropped them on the street. A guy I know showed up one day with my package, a padded envelope, of two lighters in their bags. He found them laying in the street and they had obviously been run over. Surprisingly, there was only very minor damage to one of the lighters and both work fine.

They are still available @ US $13.8 |Pipe lighter 2017 new explosion of creative metal wind and air inflatable|pipe lighter|lighters lightersnew lighter - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32821521291.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.59924c4dGfrZo9
$13.80 + $2.27 shipping. Amazing quality for the price.
How long did shipping take? I ordered two. I figured it would take time with shipping being that inexpensive.

How long did shipping take? I ordered two. I figured it would take time with shipping being that inexpensive.
Two or three weeks. I ordered a couple a few months ago just to have some spares. They took longer than expected, but the problem was on this end. The postal carrier managed to unknowingly drop the padded envelope on the street. Someone who knows me found the envelope and delivered it to me, but not before it had been run over. In spite of being packed in only a padded envelope and in a cloth bag, the lighters survived with very minimal damage. They both work fine with no leaks.

Two or three weeks. I ordered a couple a few months ago just to have some spares. They took longer than expected, but the problem was on this end. The postal carrier managed to unknowingly drop the padded envelope on the street. Someone who knows me found the envelope and delivered it to me, but not before it had been run over. In spite of being packed in only a padded envelope and in a cloth bag, the lighters survived with very minimal damage. They both work fine with no leaks.
They look decent at least and the cost is palatable...was looking through Old Boy auctions a few days ago...yikes!

I’m trying out the hemp wick, hemp cord coated lightly with bee’s wax. Supposedly the lowest temp flame around, good for relights in deep bowls. It is a bit fidgety given you have to light the wick, but you can burn it as long as you need to get your pipe lit without burning butane or lighter fluid. Of course you do burn the wick, but it burns slowly. The jury is still out. Definitely not for some smoking situations but good, so far, for relaxed smokes. We will see.
proxy.php

Top Bottom