What's new

Show us your Japanese Natural Whetstones

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Hobber put three cotis with unmarked slurry stones, two translucent arks, and one shave ready razor in a bag and leave it at the corner of Highway 100 and Spencer Mill Road at midnight tonight or else....
I’m telling your wife about the Ohira!

Hah! She saw me using it yesterday on a couple of gyotos and said, "Wow! Where'd you get that one?!" I wasn't evasive, but I said, "...it's a new stone I'm trying out. Looks like a keeper." Then...crickets...plus, that look. She didn't ask any more questions, but she didn't throw me out or threaten divorce, so I think I'm safe for now. So, David - - it doesn't look like I'm gonna have to come off any of my cotis, arks, or a razor any time soon.

I lucked up on this one for about the price of a 3x5 coti. Its actually a decent razor hone, using dmt slurry and some hand stropping, it took the Dovo from a 1200 bevel set to a solid hht4.
8B63F27F-56C9-4E5B-BFF2-F2DDC1E172C2.jpeg

Not sure, no stamps. The seller suggested Wakasa, and he might be right, but who knows. Its about a lv4, feels like honing on hard leather. It came off buyee, and there was nothing else in the picture for size, I figure most people passed it over, thinking it was a barber size hone. A hundred bucks for a 5x10 jnat was worth the gamble.

Hah! She saw me using it yesterday on a couple of gyotos and said, "Wow! Where'd you get that one?!" I wasn't evasive, but I said, "...it's a new stone I'm trying out. Looks like a keeper." Then...crickets...plus, that look. She didn't ask any more questions, but she didn't throw me out or threaten divorce, so I think I'm safe for now. So, David - - it doesn't look like I'm gonna have to come off any of my cotis, arks, or a razor any time soon.

A nice seafood dinner might be in order.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Who could resist an auction with a title beginning with ‘New Years Enjoy Bags!’ ? I kid you not, Google translate does not do Japanese very well.

Top Bottom