What's new

Show us your Japanese Natural Whetstones

This JNAT looks hard, is it?
Is it an ozuku?
It is very hard. The seller didn’t specify as to the mine but I was also thinking it might be Ozuku. I didn’t have much of a chance to mess around with it before I started sealing it but tomorrow will be day 10 of curing so I will finally get a chance to see what it can really do.

Hard Sunashi suita with perfect layering, tiramisu :)

fullsizeoutput_1ade.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ad9.jpeg

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Those tapered ends are interesting. You see that a lot on the old paddle Coticules. I wonder if that was intentional? Alex have you put any steel on it yet?

:eek: now that is a brick. Beautiful rock Alex.

Thank you Tom.

Those tapered ends are interesting. You see that a lot on the old paddle Coticules. I wonder if that was intentional? Alex have you put any steel on it yet?

Just one test razor but I had to put my microscope upstairs for the holidays so couldn't look at the edge. Very hard stone, slurry color change I would say average speed. Nice satiny feedback. I am curious what I see under the scope, if it can handle 1k scratches or what.

The one side is tapered because of the kawa running that way. Maybe they did the other end to match it?

So I honed a cape 650 on the suita. 3K chosera to redo the bevel then DN followed by asagi tomo on the suita. Shave was good. Wiped 5 days of growth and BBS with 3 passes. This suita is staying in the family.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
So I honed a cape 650 on the suita. 3K chosera to redo the bevel then DN followed by asagi tomo on the suita. Shave was good. Wiped 5 days of growth and BBS with 3 passes. This suita is staying in the family.
Great report- glad its a keeper.

Top Bottom