What's new

Show us your Japanese Natural Whetstones

Worst ever for me was when global shipping program took a charnley I bought out of the bubble and box the original shipper used and put it in a glorified ziploc with no padding to get chipped like crazy.

It blows my mind how some people ship stones.
I returned one to this seller recently and I can't imagine that being a very pleasant experience for him, since I charged back for return shipping, as well (via UPS nonetheless). Sad to see that he's not learning, yet he seems to be moving old, fragile stones, mostly. The reason I returned that one was not because it shattered, but because it was below average, although it looked promising initially.

With these two, I am having a really hard time letting them go, because they are just so good. Not the first time it's happened, too. It's OK, really.. There's always use for good abrasive material, even the flakes will possibly serve well as finger stones, or ground to dust for some polishing paste. I'm fairly certain I'll manage to still get a serviceable hone and maybe a couple of slurry stones from that one.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I returned one to this seller recently and I can't imagine that being a very pleasant experience for him, since I charged back for return shipping, as well (via UPS nonetheless). Sad to see that he's not learning, yet he seems to be moving old, fragile stones, mostly. The reason I returned that one was not because it shattered, but because it was below average, although it looked promising initially.

With these two, I am having a really hard time letting them go, because they are just so good. Not the first time it's happened, too. It's OK, really.. There's always use for good abrasive material, even the flakes will possibly serve well as finger stones, or ground to dust for some polishing paste. I'm fairly certain I'll manage to still get a serviceable hone and maybe a couple of slurry stones from that one.

Slurry stones and flakes are much cheaper than a full sized stone though. I would return it, because the loss would be too significant.

Who is the seller so we can avoid something like this. Terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is the seller so we can avoid something like this. Terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richie, don't worry about it brother, this is not a situation that calls for public shaming. I chose to buy this knowing what it is, just as I'm choosing to keep them, knowing that the seller would reimburse me 100%. All on me.

Honestly, reading this thread, I'd know exactly where to go to buy a new stone. Don't need any vendors, just speak to some of the fine gentlemen and collectors we have here in the community. [emoji106]

Sometimes when it’s so egregious, I suspect they dropped the stone and broke it then listed it with old pictures and are trying to commit mail fraud via damaged in shipping insurance claim. I mean what guy who’s ever sold a stone before actually thinks you can buddy wrap stones together like that?

Sometimes when it’s so egregious, I suspect they dropped the stone and broke it then listed it with old pictures and are trying to commit mail fraud via damaged in shipping insurance claim. I mean what guy who’s ever sold a stone before actually thinks you can buddy wrap stones together like that?
You make a fine point.

There are a lot of small chips in there to have been broken prior to wrapping, though ? I guess he could have wrapped it and smacked it on the corner again to look legit, though.

Just a few jnats
Screenshot_20200406-171054_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200406-171016_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200406-170953_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200406-170920_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-204744_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-204720_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200329-114332_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200329-114137_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wouldn't sweat it... If you do that I would just block out the internet addresses if visible for the future as some forums have vendor rules

Top Bottom