What's new

Show us your Japanese Natural Whetstones

Just received this Ookudo Green Asagi..

The surface is of an angry sky boiling in fury, with the sun trying to peek through... Ready to take on my Hospital Era Le Grelot #14...

proxy.php

This stone makes me smile like an idiot.

I haven't owned this very long but I have had the pleasure of honing a variety of razors on this stone now. Each shave has been very comfortable and very keen. The sort of feeling where you think you might cut yourself, but don't even when you mess up and should have.... and then the after shave doesn't warm up your skin and you wonder if you even shaved but can't find any hair on your face.

As a level 5 hardness this thing does not give up slurry without a slurry device. With a diamond plate slurry, erasing chosera 1k scratches is stupid easy. In not very much more time on the stone, getting to HHT5 is no challenge at all. I need to weigh this one, it is a hefty chunk. I usually hone in my palm but I found myself putting this in the stone holder. The stone holder supports it well and it is pretty darn flat. The lines are harmless and I don't seem to be much into the su quite yet.

DSC00051.JPG
DSC00053.JPG
DSC00044.JPG
DSC00049.JPG
P1090738__38873.1535203618(3).jpg

Last photo from JNS, this was a1641. 210mm 74mm 30mm

Top Bottom