What's new

Show Us Your Guitar(s)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Never mind, I see the R, meaning rosewood. That’s just like the one Dave Van Ronk used to play.
I still see Bonnie Raitt play hers- she alternates it with the similar jumbo Gibson model- I think it's the J-200? I've also seen Nick Drake and Paul Simon play one. But yes Dave Van Ronk played his almost exclusively.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was hoping for an Ibanez Jiva10. I am a huge Nita Strauss fan.
This one? Took me a while to see the guitar.
B40873FF-7300-4759-98BD-0D5A1B641D80.jpeg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Nice gear, Gents!

I'll have to get a shot of my guitars later, but all I have left is my workhorse 2000 Fender American Telecaster and my 2006 Martin D28.

I used to not be much of a pedal guy, but I came to a few realizations, and have picked up about a dozen in the past year. In addition to the pedals pictured, I also have a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe, an MXR Timmy, a Gamechanger Audio Light Pedal, a Way Huge Conspiracy Theory, and a Dunlop Mini Volume pedal.

Currently, a 2005 Blues Jr. is my only amp.

9555.jpeg

I’ve picked up the Guitar again and trying to become proficient. I’m over 70 now, but determined to keep practicing. Last summer I picked up a Martin, spruce & mahogany. Not atop shelf Martin, but good enough that I can’t say I’m held back due to a poor instrument. Sometimes I wonder if I don’t have the aptitude to play, but I gotta try!! Any suggestions for learning on YouTube??

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I can't play any of mine, but do enjoy kind of faffing around with them.

Getsch Jet Baritone (C tuned down to A-standard, or seven frets lower than a regular guitar, but it can be strung as a bass-six)

proxy.php

A couple of cheap Ibanez electro-acoustics in mahogany, a regular six string and a micro-bass (the guitalele in the middle has since been given away)

proxy.php

Late C19th seven string English zither banjo, which bears all the scars of being 125+ years old. Plus my smallest six string, a three course rebetiko baglamas, with body and neck carved from a single piece of wood.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My 61 string bandura is a work in progress. At least one of the string posts needs replacing (not figured out how yet), and a full set of replacement strings is required. When I eventually get around to stripping it down, I may need to replace more of the posts. A few cosmetic blemishes, but they don't concern me

proxy.php

proxy.php

I also have a cheapo baritone uke, which is essentially just the top four strings of a guitar. No pics of that at present.

I took piano in grade school in the 1950s with an old nun whacking my hands with a ruler if my hands weren't upright, or I wasn't keeping up with the metronome. In high school I took guitar for a bit, but I'm like Major Winchester in that episode of M.A.S.H. I know the chords and notes, but I can't make music. After I retired, I took guitar lessons with the same results. I still have a Seagull Coastline S6 Folk that I bought after I retired. My granddaughters can fight over it when I'm gone.

I used to have 3 strats.

my first was the Hendrix special edition

D6F8994B-2870-4EE3-A3BF-6CAA06F3B535.jpeg

then I ended up picking up the eob sustainer strat

F5239906-3646-4238-A1C0-CA0FCCA80411.jpeg

And my last purchase was a 12 string Stratocaster.
I’ve sold the Hendrix and the eob and have only kept the 12 string. I also sold the Marshall code amp and have a vox ac15c1 now.

Attachments

• 7A8FF621-276E-46A7-B884-6A522FBEF3E2.jpeg
    7A8FF621-276E-46A7-B884-6A522FBEF3E2.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 7

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I've owned a bunch over the years, but now I'm just down to two.
A 2012 Les Paul Traditional and a 1998 American Standard Strat.

The Les Paul Traditionals from that time period are awesome. The Standards at that time were a mish mosh of modern components, asymmetrical hocus pocus, and weird chambering. The Traditionals at that time were how a good Les Paul should be built. Here is my 2010. I went through a lot of Les Pauls over 30 years before I found this one. The top on yours is delicious!

Brads Les Paul.jpg

The Les Paul Traditionals from that time period are awesome. The Standards at that time were a mish mosh of modern components, asymmetrical hocus pocus, and weird chambering. The Traditionals at that time were how a good Les Paul should be built. Here is my 2010. I went through a lot of Les Pauls over 30 years before I found this one. The top on yours is delicious!

View attachment 1302432

Much obliged. It's a Honey burst finish. I thought the top looked pretty nice myself. The 2012/'13 period is when they started putting the two-piece "alternate" fingerboards on them. To be honest, I can't tell the difference. It sounds and plays fine to me. I've owned a couple other Les Pauls (one '92 Standard and one '95 Studio) and this one definitely plays better than those two. I've played some killer modern and vintage ones over the years though. Never a true 'Burst however.

I agree too about the Trads. I just wanted a Les Paul that was bare bones. Two volumes and two tones. I didn't need the push pull, coil tapping, etc. Not that it's bad, and some definitely make it work for their sounds, but I'm more old school and roll back volumes and tones, move the switch, and just work the guitar to achieve my desired sound. This one does have the 9-hole chambering or whatever it is. It's still about 10 lbs.

Btw, love your top too. Is that Desert burst?

Top Bottom