What's new

Show Us Your Guitar(s)

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

D-18 Modern Deluxe and 1885 1-21.

Thanks Flask. I never stopped playing out. That was just the gig from this past weekend. I try to play out around once a month when my travel schedule allows it. Otherwise, I just hit up all the open mic nights and jams that I can get to. There is a pretty good music scene in South NJ and Philly. We are pretty lucky.

In case you are interested in a little video clip, here's a link. We had some fun with a Led Zep tune with our backup singer Melissa. That was a fun song.

WOW! That's fantastic Brad and it looks so fun. You guys nailed it!

Nice set! Are these vintage? They look too shiny to be vintage.

And you Canadians love your Traynor amps, eh? :)

Modern entry level, a Squier and two Fender Players.

And yes Traynor amps, and Radial and Broughton pedals, all made in Canada. (Also Godin guitars but that’s too good for me).

Now I’m confusing badgerandblade with talkbass.com.

Nylons most of the time, but now and then it has silk and steel. It has a straighter neck and easier action than my Les Paul did. It was bought new by a great great aunt. I found it in my grandmother's house in the 1950s.

My head is blown. That 1-21 has been in the same family from day 1? Truly incredible. A 150year old guitar that's had 3 owners?

If you ever have some time on your hands and haven't done already post up some pictures on the Martin Guitar forum, I'm sure some people there would take even more pleasure from reading about this truly incredible instrument as much as I did.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ohhhhh. That’s purdy!
I told my wife my plans today. First two orders of business are getting my eating under control (not doing enough right now) and daily playing and practice. I showed her a picture of the AA top and the AAA top. She asked what the cost was. I said that the AAA top is only $200 more. Well, you need that one. She asked again what the cost of the AAA top is. To her credit she did not immediately exit the restaurant :) She said she doesn’t have a problem with it IF I do what I need to do (mentioned earlier). It may take a year, but it will be mine. Permission is always harder than the money, in my experience.

It is a cool one for sure and even has most of its original tubes. 1930’s Charlie Christian amp. Belonged to Canadian Gordie Tapp and was his main amp on Hee Haw which is kinda neat.
In addition to being a cool vintage amp , it is also a piece of history,, that is so awesome 👏

Top Bottom