What's new

Show us your First watch.

My first watch was a Gruen Automatic bought with my own money when I was 14. That was the start of my love for watches. Unfortunately, I gave it to my then girlfriend. I never saw it again.

8 watches is a mild addiction:w00t:, over 20 is a true addiction[emoji106], over 50 is a sickness:blink: over 100 is a mental disorder:lol: and over 300 is truly insane:001_huh: and it only gets worse from there. Wont tell you where I am at in that schedule.... Lets just say my intials are E. Nasni. LOL But it is great fun no matter what model, price point, Country of Origin, movement etc. There all GOOD!
... and now Shaving AD "Oh the Humanity!":bored:
Hell yeah it's fun ! And well, to me watch is a great tool as well as finest piece of jewelery. Gimme good watch over anything from Cartier, Swarovski or whoever makes expensive gems. Or no... give me gems so I can sell them and buy watches.

Btw I am not overly attached to watches, first or not. It's just an item... only watch I am bound to is my dad's Swiss TANIS with Unitas mechanism. It stopped working and he hasn't worn it since, I have to fix it. It's a good piece, and an example of how dress watch should look

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I ordered a battery for the Aladdin Fossil watch in the OP.
I plan on wearing it again. See how it feels. It's been about 20 years!

reckon it's dusted. put the new battery in and nothing.
Oh well, I tried. back in the coffin it goes.

Omega is high-end. Everything above their price range is pure luxury...

Glad too meet fellow watch afficionado. Omega AquaTerra is one of watches I crave the most ;)

There are two other Omega's I crave, a Planet Ocean XL (orange bezel) and a vintage Seamaster DeVille crosshair with black dial , like what the fictional character Don Draper wears in Mad Men.
Those and a Panerai and my collection would be complete...oh and a Doxa Sub750T and that should be it, well at least with the expensive watches. Lately I've been into the small boutique brands. Olivier, Maranez, H20/Helberg, G.Gerlach, Detroit Watch Company, Seagull etc...

Last edited:
1987 Swatch Navigator. I want you back!!!

$715005355_tp.jpg$715005373_tp.jpg

Don't remember my very first watch, at least not the brand. I know it was brown and not digital, and so I didn't want it! I got a casio digital many years later. During high school, my family discovered that I couldn't tell time and so my brother got me this:
proxy.php

I still have it and it still runs.

techno-sphere!

There are two other Omega's I crave, a Planet Ocean XL (orange bezel) and a vintage Seamaster DeVille crosshair with black dial , like what the fictional character Don Draper wears in Mad Men.
Those and a Panerai and my collection would be complete...oh and a Doxa Sub750T and that should be it, well at least with the expensive watches. Lately I've been into the small boutique brands. Olivier, Maranez, H20/Helberg, G.Gerlach, Detroit Watch Company, Seagull etc...
Waaaait a second, small boutique brands such as Seagull ? Seagull is a great collection piece, it's Chinese but good Chinese :)

You are addicted. Your days of normal thinking are over, from now on you crave watches every time you see one. Eh well, I guess we cannot die b/c of that :D

Waaaait a second, small boutique brands such as Seagull ? Seagull is a great collection piece, it's Chinese but good Chinese :)

You are addicted. Your days of normal thinking are over, from now on you crave watches every time you see one. Eh well, I guess we cannot die b/c of that :D

Yeah, I claim to not have an addicting personality but when I get into things I go WAY overboard. I should have clarified on the Seagull comment. I was under the impression that the new re issued(?) Seagull was just a small boutique thing. I understand the original would be a collectors piece. Here is the one I'm talking about.

http://www.watchunique.com/seagull-1963.html

Pardon my French, but HELL NO !

This thing is kinda cheap at 160 $. But it is run by a ST1901, Seagull in house movement (in house movement means it is designed and build by watch manafacturer, not buy Japanese mechanism and build a case for it - in house mechanism watches are pricey usually), and ST1901 in my opinion is one damn fine movement. Not new either, it has a few miles on it. You my friend have a piece of Chinese watchmaking from a company that has been doing it since 1961.

Be happy I don't know where you keep your watches, you'd be left without this piece :)

Pardon my French, but HELL NO !

This thing is kinda cheap at 160 $. But it is run by a ST1901, Seagull in house movement (in house movement means it is designed and build by watch manafacturer, not buy Japanese mechanism and build a case for it - in house mechanism watches are pricey usually), and ST1901 in my opinion is one damn fine movement. Not new either, it has a few miles on it. You my friend have a piece of Chinese watchmaking from a company that has been doing it since 1961.

Be happy I don't know where you keep your watches, you'd be left without this piece :)

To be honest, I haven't pulled the trigger on it. It was next on the list until Helberg announced a pre-order on the CH8 for 10/24, I might get in on that. Glad to hear that the Seagull is a good timepiece, which at that price seems like a steal.

Watch afficionados generally frown upon any boutique and fashion brand. Not all like Seagull, but most agree it's more than decent brand. Seagull, if I am not mistaken even has a tourbillon movement - which generally speaks that manafacturer is ready to produce high end complicated movements. They also have some models with clean design, which I love and would wear without giving second thought.

In the end it's all about your taste (you like Omega, it can't be bad :D ) but I had to say that Seagull is actually a good brand unlike Michael Kors, Armani, Diesel, Fossil (named after ability to fossilize in 2 years), Nike and Adidas, Puma etc.

Had some kiddie watches that I can't remember. The first real watch I got in my early tweens was one of these below. Traded it, sorely missed it. Thank you ebay!!! I got two super cheap for sentimental reasons. Great time keepers, pretty rugged. A little small for my tastes these days but they look good on a wide 70's style strap. Got it for free but my lungs paid the price. LOL :laugh:

$mens_vintage_swiss_army_marlboro_adventure_team_red_watch_1_lgw.jpg

Watch afficionados generally frown upon any boutique and fashion brand. Not all like Seagull, but most agree it's more than decent brand. Seagull, if I am not mistaken even has a tourbillon movement - which generally speaks that manafacturer is ready to produce high end complicated movements. They also have some models with clean design, which I love and would wear without giving second thought.

In the end it's all about your taste (you like Omega, it can't be bad :D ) but I had to say that Seagull is actually a good brand unlike Michael Kors, Armani, Diesel, Fossil (named after ability to fossilize in 2 years), Nike and Adidas, Puma etc.

Those brands you mentioned I don't really consider boutique brands , more like "fashion" brands. When I say boutique I think of Bathy's, Olivier, Lum-tec,Kobold, Helberg, Kaventsmann. Also and not to be a snob, I am not a fan of quartz movements... to me a auto or manual wound watch is like a fine tuned machine that you the end user has to keep running by winding or wearing.

this is actually a seagull movement (ST80) assembled by Dixmont renamed (DX800) and ten rebranded under Stauer Has been a great running time piece had it about 4 yrs

$10.16.2014.2.jpg

Btw forgot to mention: price of that watch is almost laughable, but I like almost everything about this watch. Dial is kinda complicated but it looks really elegant, and tourbillion is always a nice thing to see. Really nice watch

Btw forgot to mention: price of that watch is almost laughable, but I like almost everything about this watch. Dial is kinda complicated but it looks really elegant, and tourbillion is always a nice thing to see. Really nice watch

Yes, Yes it is, and Thank you I was able to pick it up VERY reasonable, and since a Tourbillon was always a grail of mine ,I figured why not? Since I probably will never shell out the kind of money for a Swiss Tourbillon. there are too many other Watches on my radar:001_smile Have been very happy with it, I did replace the Black leather band with the Hirsch Quilled ostrich, but other than that it has been a good runner, and thankfully I have a watchmaker that will work on it, as it seem a large number of them hear the word Chinese movement and run for the hills LOL

Top Bottom