What's new

Show us your first post

Get a good buyer's agent/realtor. Someone that is on your side trying to find a good house for you to buy and avoid problems. Someone local, not someone that works for a giant realty group that doesn't need word of mouth business.

Not even shaving related...

:lol: The first post that came up with the initial search was this one, Nice.
I have about 20 Derby blades sitting in my tool closet next to my cork. The only time I use one Derby 5 times is when I'm using it for pumpkin carving.

But, with a better search, I found this was my actual first post on B&B:
So I've enjoyed my HD for about 4 years now, but have been perusing the net lately and 'accidentally' bid on these 12 Razors. I wasn't sure of what I found, but it was cheap enough so I thought I'd go for it and see what shows up. They are in the mail, but I can't wait to see what shows up. I don't have much experience with different razors and my limited knowledge does not allow me to identify these. Hoping you could help! :001_huh:

All I have is this one picture. I have put my best guesses below. Hoping some of you may recognize them. (Yes, I know I can contact the seller, but that sounds like cheating)

full

2. 1930s British Gillette Fat Handled Tech
4. Gillette Ball End Tech Open Comb???
5. Gillette 1920s ‘Old Type’ Gold Plated, open
6. GEM 1912 SE
9. Gillette Tech Fat Handle (smoother handle than #2?)
10. ? ? ? ? ?
11. Schick Injector (Type E or G?)
12. Schick Injector (Type E or G?)
Two of those razors - the Slim and the SuperSpeed still see use fairly often:thumbup:

Edit: that picture also marks my first Ebay purchase and I am sure my Merkur 34C HD order from Fendrihan was also my first ever internet order!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check "posts" or "threads"

Posts only go back so far and are harder to track down... theeads should take you back further as you have a lot less of them

James, I checked both. There is an early one from 2010, not sure if it was my first, though.

That's the one I found, but I think there might have been more before that, or maybe not.

I use the method below and have found many what appear to be "first posts" from members who joined as far back as 2006.

Single Content Type, Username, Posts and ASCENDING order seems to work.

$Untitled picture.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my first post:

May 27, 2012 8:30 AM

Hi Everyone,
I just joined the site a few days ago and wanted to say "Hi".

I have been shaving for a long time. I stared with wet shaves and then switched to an electric. I never felt satisfied or enjoyed shaving no matter what I used. I have been using an electric for the last 12 years, but recently my cousin gave me a Gillette Fusion Pro glide razor and that has helped me rediscover wet shaving again.
My quest for an enjoyable wet shave has lead me all over the internet and brought me here. I have found a wealth of information all over this site. From the Forums to the Reviews to the ShaveWiki I have found great ideas and suggestions on how to jump into the world of DE shaving.

Here is the list of items I have chosen to help me join the DE wet shaving experience:

Razor-Edwin Jagger DE87
Brush-Simpsons Berkeley Best Badger
Pre-Shave Cream-Proraso
Shave Cream-Proraso
After Shave-Captain's Choice Bay Rum
Blades- Sample pack

This site is a wonderful resource for the DE newbie and I'm very glade to have found it.

I think this was my first post, 5/13/2011 at 12:55 PM.

PM sent. I hope I'm right.

EDIT: Brucered was able to correctly find my first post dated 5/8/2011 at 3:01 AM.

I'm interested in the free sampler. I just joined on May 7th. I have only used Feather Blades so far.

I remember being so shocked that there was a place online that was giving away free stuff that I immediately had to join.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Phils first post.... Ouch's too.... I may need to do some diggin tonight

I've found them (and others) but not sure I should post them....yet :001_unsur

The Sabbatical has me wasting time doing other things on B&B besides researching products and it's kind of fun :001_tt2:

Dear jeebus this is embarrassing. It wasn't even my own thread! I posted on someone else's!

09-06-2010, 03:48 PM

I am brand new to B&B, and I am positive you will see many questions from here down the road... i'm not entirely new to wet shaving but still have lots to learn.
Some brief background info on me and my shaving history:
I am 24 and ever since i was around 18 i have had a very thick and stubborn beard. I have almost never once been happy with any shave i've had, and recently developed and interest in becoming a barber to learn the best methods, and to hopefully pass on knowledge to others. My mother recently became a barber after being a hairstylist for 40+ years and so far my best shaves ever have been from a straight blade (Albeit from a novice barber, still better than any safety razor).
Hopefully my posts, questions, and input will be well recieved by the B&B community, and i hope you are all having a fantastic Labor day weekend if you live in the US.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Neat idea, took me too long to find it though,

2/10/2009

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by garyg
Hello all, thought it would be proper to "check in", me name is obvious, resident of Michigan now, born a Buckeye ..

Started shaving with an old Gillette that belonged to me Gramps, somewhere about 1960 .. found that razor in my mom's house a couple months back, nice to get a good shave after all these years of Machs & Tracs

I will be needing some tips soon
g

Top Bottom