What's new

Show us your favourite razor.

Hi guys
Show us a pic of your favourite razors and tell us why and how you came to get it.

There could be a very small PIF/Prize for the best stories as we go along.

This is my favourite
proxy.php

It is a 1955 Gillette Ball Tech made in the USA that I keep for either special occasions or to lift my spirits if I have had a rough day pain wise.

It was owned by a guy who was a pilot in the US Special forces, who married an Aussie girl and immigrated to Australia and became a Qantas pilot and had a very distinguished career.

It's an awesome shave and I just like knowing it's history.

It came in a really cool travel grooming kit.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my favorite. It is a Fatboy. It is my favorite because a vendor gave it to me as a gift, plus it really shaves incredibly well (I purchased a slim for one of my sons that also shaves great). The generosity of this vendor is what makes it a very special razor.
proxy.php

Edit: by the way, I am not in Australia, although I would love to visit one day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here is my favorite. It is a Fatboy. It is my favorite because a vendor gave it to me as a gift, plus it really shaves incredibly well (I purchased a slim for one of my sons that also shaves great). The generosity of this vendor is what makes it a very special razor.
proxy.php

Edit: by the way, I am not in Australia, although I would love to visit one day.

Nice looking razor. I shaved with a flare tip this morning and it was great.

The desire to visit the GSL earns you the right to pull up a chair by the fire and have a beer on us. [emoji106][emoji1604][emoji854]

My first razor and still my favourite razor is my EJ89, black diamond knurled edition. Bought it just over 2 years ago from a local NZ vendor. Its served me well over the last 2 years and is still my daily driver.
I bought it as a beginners razor and I've had no issues with irritation and nicks, just smooth flawless shaves :) I also like that its made in England :p
Pictured here with the Muhle R41 head.
proxy.php

I've only recently started collecting vintage razors but the tech razor I have is also a great mild shave.
proxy.php

Nice looking razor. I shaved with a flare tip this morning and it was great.

The desire to visit the GSL earns you the right to pull up a chair by the fire and have a beer on us. [emoji106][emoji1604][emoji854]

Thanks. Time by the fire sure sounds nice. No camping this year, with so much going on. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

My first razor and still my favourite razor is my EJ89, black diamond knurled edition. Bought it just over 2 years ago from a local NZ vendor. Its served me well over the last 2 years and is still my daily driver.
I bought it as a beginners razor and I've had no issues with irritation and nicks, just smooth flawless shaves :) I also like that its made in England [emoji14]
Pictured here with the Muhle R41 head.
proxy.php

I've only recently started collecting vintage razors but the tech razor I have is also a great mild shave.
proxy.php
Nice looking set of razors. The counter or table looks pretty nice too. I enjoy wood working and really like the way that looks.

My EJ DE89 is an amazing piece of art, it is my first DE razor ever! an it's absolutely gorgeous, I ordered from Amazon Spain while visiting Spain for holidays and got it when I came back to Sweden. It doesn't matter which blade I put on it, it will provide a fantastic BBS every time. I am very thankful for the wet shaving community for recommending this as a beginner razor. I started wet shaving for about 6 weeks ago.

Honestly I don't think I would need another razor but for the fun of try something new I've already purchased a new one; a Parker heavyweight 92R which is also very nice, but the DE89 stil my number one.

proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This is my new favourite razor a 1920's Gillette Open Comb ball End Tech.
proxy.php

The shave is very different and it feels like it is wrapping around my face and oh so close. It had a Perma Sharp in it.

It is now my new daily.

It cost me $45 from a local antique market but I am very happy with it.

Top Bottom