What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

Very nice! Now THAT'S a REAL Motobecane. Mine's just a fake. Enjoy your rides on it. I wish I still had my Raleigh Record my Dad bought me when I was a teenager. It was stolen when I was about 15 (I'm 55 now). Oh well. Such is life.

Darn right it's a real French made Motobecane, not one of those name usurpers that you can buy from Bikes Direct these days! It's a shame about the Raleigh Record. Those were really nice bikes back in the day.

My new pride & joy! A Pashley Parabike, made in Stratford upon Avon

main-parabike-blue.jpg

Here's my custom Waterford RS33, lightweight steel, carbon front fork, full Campy Record, Ritchey, and a ride that is so sweet and comfortable yet handles like a Ferrari in the turns, very stable at high speed downhills. I had it built in 2007, it's still with me and could very well be the last bike I own... after 58 years of riding.
20180227_121555.jpg

Wow, those last two are
pretty.

Just to bring things down a notch, here is one of my vast fleet of winter beaters, of which I am very fond.

They are great for a midday jaunt, too.
IMG_00002711.jpg

I took the 1974 French made Motobecane Grand Touring out for a 32 mile ride today.View attachment 867333 View attachment 867334

Looking mighty fine. I would be lying if I didn't say I was jealous. Looks like a great day too. Where is that? Texas? I sure wish we had your weather right now. We got another 2 to 3 inches today on top of the 18"+ we got last week. So no riding for me for a while. But as to the bike, all I got is my "name usurper that you can buy from Bikes Direct". But I like it none-the-less, ‘cause it’s all I got.

46D057FB-3250-4E19-AEF6-DD76B7DC334F.jpeg
2ED8A1B6-79C2-41A6-8A05-61CD07B402FC.jpeg

Looking mighty fine. I would be lying if I didn't say I was jealous. Looks like a great day too. Where is that? Texas? I sure wish we had your weather right now. We got another 2 to 3 inches today on top of the 18"+ we got last week. So no riding for me for a while. But as to the bike, all I got is my "name usurper that you can buy from Bikes Direct". But I like it none-the-less, ‘cause it’s all I got.

View attachment 867350 View attachment 867351
Yes-In and around Lewisville, Texas, just north of DFW. I have access to all that from my house, so I don't have to drive somewhere to start the ride. My brother is dealing with that weather in Connecticut right now. I feel for you guys.

Your ride may not be a classic French Motobecane, but I bet it's still a nice ride!

This thread has gone silent!!

I've been spending a bit more time on my hybrid rather than my 44 year old Motobecane road bike lately. Here are a few pics from my 30 mile ride on Saturday. I ride a 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1.

20180728_063823.jpg
20180728_103647.jpg

Oh! That wonderful feeling when you leave your whole life behind for just a couple days when you should be working! Some outdoor photography, miles upon miles of bike trailing, and finding a 'Gourmet Coffee' mobile unit in almost nowhere! I'm really regretting moving back to city life, but I'll get back out of here soon enough!
proxy.php

Three of these (Bianchi, Schwinn Mixtec, and a Nashbar pure pig iron 29er) have never been mine. My Trek 930 ‘utility’ bike isn’t in the picture.
40DE2EDA-BDFB-4267-B145-D56DBEE7CC08.jpeg

My old Trek 930 no-suspension mountain bike is now responsible for hauling about 90% of our groceries:
8C8897C2-1BA4-4F1F-BB24-6ECC594361B9.jpeg

This Centurion LeMans was purchased in 1975. Frame replaced on warranty in the early 80s. I think one brake caliper, the shifter/derailleurs, and the two hubs are the last remaining original parts. Best day of my commuter cycling life was the day I replaced the original steel rims with Wolber alloys. Middle son rides it now.
B2E27633-8981-4171-815C-938053839979.jpeg

My current flame is a Fuji full-carbon frame/Ultegra in Italian colors. Every thing else I ride is steel, baby, steel!

Here's my new (to me) bike, a Jamis Quest Elite which I believe dates back to 2014/15. It's a skinny steel framed bike with carbon fibre forks. Wear on the drivetrain seems minimal and the frame is in excellent condition, so I think I got a good deal. I put on MKS Sylvan Prime touring pedals with half clips; a pannier rack, for light touring duties; mudguards, which are pretty much essential given Britain's variable climatic conditions; and Schwalbe Marathon tyres, because some of the roads around here are rough, and can be covered in thorns. I've done a couple of 30-mile try-out routes so far and it feels very comfortable, yet also responsive.

20190301_161617.jpg

Here's my new (to me) bike, a Jamis Quest Elite which I believe dates back to 2014/15. It's a skinny steel framed bike with carbon fibre forks. Wear on the drivetrain seems minimal and the frame is in excellent condition, so I think I got a good deal. I put on MKS Sylvan Prime touring pedals with half clips; a pannier rack, for light touring duties; mudguards, which are pretty much essential given Britain's variable climatic conditions; and Schwalbe Marathon tyres, because some of the roads around here are rough, and can be covered in thorns. I've done a couple of 30-mile try-out routes so far and it feels very comfortable, yet also responsive.

View attachment 958825

Looks like a great bike! I haven’t yet put Marathons on any of my bikes, but they have an excellent reputation around here (Oregon) where substantial fenders (mudguards) are also a necessity for dedicated riding. If there is one thing I would never give up, it is the modern puncture-resistant tire. Thorns, broken glass, roughly rocked logging roads - I had not had a flat in a decade. (Knock on wood...)

Looks like a great bike! I haven’t yet put Marathons on any of my bikes, but they have an excellent reputation around here (Oregon) where substantial fenders (mudguards) are also a necessity for dedicated riding. If there is one thing I would never give up, it is the modern puncture-resistant tire. Thorns, broken glass, roughly rocked logging roads - I had not had a flat in a decade. (Knock on wood...)

I run Specialized Armadillo's on my Schwinn LeTour, which I use for my grocery getter, commuter and all-purpose bike. On my Specialized Tarmac Expert, and my Trek Speed Concept, I run Continental Grand Prix 4000x-II tires which offer decent protection and high performance for tires.

Top Bottom