What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

Any suggestions for a puncture resistant tire that would look good on a classic 10 speed?

I found tan wall 700-28 Panaracer tires that look gumwall-ish. I sized #3 son up from 25s for the urban riding he will do.

My eldest also grappled with the right look for his Miyata 1000, but went with a 700-30 black wall, down from 32s.

The middle son just ignores his Centurion LeMans, takes university classes 100% virtually, and walks everywhere he goes.

Three boys, three classic drop bar bikes.

Put some new tires on my bike. Found some that kept that vintage look. I also put on some new pedals as well. Next project is putting some new handlebars and replacing the brake cables and housing
IMG_20201025_121141_171.jpg

Legion

Staff member
From the vaults! Not my bike, destined for son #3 away at university. Second owner Craigslisted it a day or two ago. I think he had enough bikes so that this one was more nostalgia than a regular ride for him.

I have an urge to display it on the wall, but it is about to enter real life on a campus, owned by a kid in his early 20's. Good luck, Raleigh.

It is a very lightly used late 70's 23 1/2" (59cm) Raleigh Super Course in gold, still flaunting some nice decals. Those gumwalls are quite old (near original?) and need to be replaced before I hand it over. Any suggestions for a puncture resistant tire that would look good on a classic 10 speed?

Crying for bar tape. It has its original SunTour Cyclone and bar end shifting. Weimann. Reynolds 531, of course. Posh.
View attachment 1156325
Built at the Carlton works in merrie olde...
View attachment 1156327
And a little bragging.
View attachment 1156326
This was many notches (and $$$) above the base model Centurion LeMans I bought new in the same era. The Centurion is in the garage, refurbed and currently ridden by son #2. That Japanese bike was "ridden hard and put away wet".
That would look boss with a brooks saddle and leather bar wrap.

That would look boss with a brooks saddle and leather bar wrap.

The Brooks saddle will have to wait until the Raleigh gets away from the university town. When I was living in that place I pulled my Brooks saddle and seatpost every time I secured my bike. Usually just rode the beater.

Leather bar tape. Great Christmas gift idea if he hasn't re-wrapped them first!

I sent my Velo-Orange Poly-Valent II off to Bilenky Cycleworks for an S and S Machines retrofit over the summer and got it back just in time for my return to the West of Ireland. We're getting into fenders and racks weather, but I've held off long enough to enjoy quiet rides on roads and paths where a pair of long SKS fenders wouldn't be ideal.

Also, I'm new here; I found y'all looking for tea stuff online (linked from and old White2Tea blog).

IMG-2509.jpg
38FD71FE-FAEA-4441-A75A-F931224AA2C5.JPG
IMG-2112.jpg

Hello!

Hello! Nice clean look on the bike! Scenery is pretty decent too.

Welcome to B&B. There is some shave stuff around here somewhere, in addition to the sporting life, food and drink, and parlor games.

I'm an unreconstructed beardo, wild & woolly. ;)

I'm a reconstructed beardo. Since shaving somehow became a hobby (I know, right!?!), my beard gets narrower and narrower.

The friend who was my best man stopped all shaving and haircuts after our 2016 presidential election results came in. Now that was wild and wooly. I haven't seen him in the last week...

That company looks really cool. So much tech!

My new Otso Waheela C gravel bike. Manufactured and assembled literally 15 minutes from where I live.

I'd been looking for a gravel bike for a while. Obviously, Pandemic shortage. Go figure! I was on a local bike shops website and stumbled upon Otso. Never heard of them before. Wait, they are in Burnsville. I live in the adjacent town to the Southwest, Prior Lake. So I emailed them and asked if I buy a bike from you are you going to ship it to me or can I drop by and pick it up when it's ready. The sales manager said, 'no you can pick it up' and 'why don't you drop by and try out a few, ride it around the neighborhood before you buy one.' So, I rode a few around one day, decided I wanted one, paid for it and picked it up 5 days later. They are great people. They also own Wolf Tooth Components. Some of which are on this bike(thru axles, seat post clamp, headset.)

Congrats! Curious to know what size tires they shoed the bike with?

There are some options. I choose the Panaracer Gravel SK+ tubeless in 38mm. I'm not sure I'll keep them for long. These tires seem to attract all sorts of pebbles and other detrius in the tread. This frame will accept up to a 700cx54mm or 29"x2.1 tire. Enormous clearance.

Wow! I have 28mm on my Roubaix and there is question as to how easily the frame will accept 32s. I think I will really have to go gravel dedicated if I do much more trail/forest service road riding. Thanks for the reply and enjoy the rides!

Top Bottom