What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I would love to show it to you, however I did have a bike I didn’t ride it for about a year. I decided I would like to start riding again so I went into the shed to get it only to find that my youngest son had sold it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I would love to show it to you, however I did have a bike I didn’t ride it for about a year. I decided I would like to start riding again so I went into the shed to get it only to find that my youngest son had sold it.
Ouch. Good luck in getting a replacement! Maybe your son thought you deserve an upgrade?

That is what a bike should look like to my way of thinking! It's got the classic look!
Thank you, and I couldn’t agree more! This bike feels like everything I’ve grown to love about cycling 💜
2FEED0BC-DE87-4F34-A499-F2ED3B5C11BC.jpeg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Found some old pics of a bike I built for my youngest brother. He's like 6'6", so finding a frame tall enough for him is a challenge. Finally came across a used Raleigh frame and fork, repainted it, and put all the best parts I had available to make him a ride so he could get to work. I did the work in 2009.
Here's the before and after.
IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

I don't have any photos, but I can tell ya what I have.
they are all over 20 years old.
Canondale R800, obviously a road bike (R).
Burley Duet Tandem road bike. I captained, my wife stoked.
Diamondback Mtn bike. Can't remember the model. It was a steel framed bike that I used as an everyday work commuter.

I haven't really been serious about cycling in a long time. In other words, been a long time since I "tuned my pedals in anger". -Phil Liggett

I am absolutely in love with my Fuji bike! Previously, it was my brother's bike, but when he became bigger, he gave this bike to me. I rode this bike in my first (and only) race two years ago, but it was hard for me. Also I have hybrid bike, but I do not use it as much as Fuji just because I got used to it. We had a long journey together, and I am sure that we will see more places :biggrin1:
fuji.jpg

Here are my three toys currently.

My Haro 300.2 I just bought used. Haven't had a BMX bike for 15 years so I'm excited to have one to play on again.

IMG_3342.JPG

My Surly Pugsley. Such a versatile bike. Usually set up singlespeed.

IMG_3300.JPG

My 1995 Trek 850. My commuting/cruising/exploring bike. Wald 139 basket and Surly Sunrise bars for full rambling.

IMG_3091.JPG

Found some old pics of a bike I built for my youngest brother. He's like 6'6", so finding a frame tall enough for him is a challenge. Finally came across a used Raleigh frame and fork, repainted it, and put all the best parts I had available to make him a ride so he could get to work. I did the work in 2009.

View attachment 1308336
Sadly, this bike is gone. I had a falling out with my brother about 12 years ago, and recently reconnected with him. I asked him about this bike, and he said it was MIA.

Glad I have the pics - it was one of the sweetest builds I ever did. :c17:

Here's a new one in the remuda.
Handsome XOXO 1x11

I've added fenders, kickstand (@ rear skewer), bar end mirror, pump, frame bag, lighting, and swapped tires to a Rat Trap Pass (rear) and a Naches Pass (front). With just a few miles on it before temps dropped, I'm sure looking forward to spring.
FF856070-D14D-4CC4-B325-62315A395C53.jpeg

5014B8CA-910A-4237-BF1B-CA25576FA491.jpeg
6602F856-69CD-4B31-AF9D-9ABC1F76C435.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Top Bottom