What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

My French made 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring. I pulled it down from ceiling hooks that had held it since 1982 and replaced all the consumables and started riding it in Feb 2018. After about 400 miles, I did a complete tear down to the frame, rebuilt the French threaded bottom bracket with a new spindle and bearings, disassembled and cleaned the derailleurs and brakes, and put new cables and cable clamps on. I reinstalled the original saddle after I brought the leather back to life. Here it is on it's first 20 mile shakedown ride yesterday...

motopostservice2.jpg
motopostservice.jpg

My French made 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring. I pulled it down from ceiling hooks that had held it since 1982 and replaced all the consumables and started riding it in Feb 2018. After about 400 miles, I did a complete tear down to the frame, rebuilt the French threaded bottom bracket with a new spindle and bearings, disassembled and cleaned the derailleurs and brakes, and put new cables and cable clamps on. I reinstalled the original saddle after I brought the leather back to life. Here it is on it's first 20 mile shakedown ride yesterday...

View attachment 1009080 View attachment 1009081

Nice to see the Motobecane and get the restoration details. The saddle looks fully revived.

I’m trying to decide how much work to do on my Trek 930 that has converted entirely to utility duty. This summer it is my most ridden bike. Rear derailleur needs help.

I need to get back in the sport saddle. The Fuji Gran Fondo has been out only once this season.

ACF54E8A-62C0-4BE3-A857-E61E61016E66.jpeg

Nice to see the Motobecane and get the restoration details. The saddle looks fully revived.

I’m trying to decide how much work to do on my Trek 930 that has converted entirely to utility duty. This summer it is my most ridden bike. Rear derailleur needs help.

I need to get back in the sport saddle. The Fuji Gran Fondo has been out only once this season.

View attachment 1009146
Thanks! That Fuji of yours is too nice to just sit around. I've got a Fuji Absolute hybrid that gets a lot of saddle time as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Updated pics of my 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring. 50 miles total this weekend. The ride of this old steel framed Frenchie is fantastic.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Updated pics of my 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring. 50 miles total this weekend. The ride of this old steel framed Frenchie is fantastic.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

The Motobecane is looking fantastic! :001_wub: Jealous of good riding weather! I am just doing shopping and errands by bike now, with some real winter weather currently featured in the Pacific NW.

My eldest son just bought a custom commuter bike built on a Soma Wolverine frame, so he is trying to tempt me away from my faithful Trek 930 utility bike and onto his college commuter, a Breezer Greenway Elite.

Should I do it? So modern, so aluminum, and the very idea seems disloyal. I haven’t even dropped the seat yet, let alone taken it on a grocery run. But the garage is overflowing, and something needs to go...
6FE3E165-E19C-47DE-8C30-2D7FE8B6B22E.jpeg

Saw a cool, old school steel Cyclops this morning while stranded without a good tube. Some research was in order, as the brand is new to me. Cool history of the Canadian brand.

Downtube 9FS. 1x9 folding bike that is a blast to ride. The other one is a 1964 Schwinn Varsity.

Attachments

• Downtube 9FS 1a copy.jpg
    Downtube 9FS 1a copy.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 6
Some cycling Christmas at our place:

Novelty water bottle for the LOTH. She doesn’t really enjoy just taking a bottle from the shared rack. Now hers is unique!

The TiGr lock is the second for my son. The larger, squarer size is a bit more versatile than the triangular type. It is still incredibly light.

357B0588-9BF9-431D-A62F-4B9BF5EDA7DF.jpeg

Not shown - I got a digital luggage scale, suitable for weighing bikes.

IMG_2391.JPGIMG_2392.JPGIMG_1023.JPEGBilenky Steel, Raleigh Professional 40 yrs ago, me and Buddy doing the MS 150 probably 25 years ago. That bike was a steel Co-Motion

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Mine as the currently sit. These pics are from a couple rides over last weekend. I've got two that ride about the same amount, and choose based on whatever I feel like riding on a given day. The first is a 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 hybrid. Fast, comfortable, and quick handling. Not much fun riding into a headwind. The second is my 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring. I've posted before on it's history. My father bought it new in 1976, hung it on hooks in 1982, and it didn't move until I pulled it down 2 yrs ago and did a complete teardown and rebuild. Only consumables were replaced. The Vitus 172 tubing makes for a really smooth ride. This bike soaks up miles.

Cheers,

proxy.php

proxy.php
Click this bar to view the original image of 1008x756px.
proxy.php

proxy.php
Click this bar to view the original image of 756x1008px.
proxy.php

proxy.php
Click this bar to view the original image of 1008x756px.
proxy.php

I have been out riding 2-3 times a week now stretching myself out for the season. The first pic is my rig taking a rest on the Chain of Rocks Bridge over the Mississippi River from Illinois to Missouri on a very foggy morning. This bridge used to be part of Route 66 and is now a pedestrian bridge and part of a great 36 mile ride from my home. The bridge is a special place to rest halfway during the ride. A spectacular bridge and typically amazing views of the Mighty Mississippi (but not on this day!)

IMG_2815.jpeg

And my bike in all its cleaned up glory. I love this Cannondale Synapse. It has a bit more of an upright profile so less stress on my back. Easy rider.

IMG_1594.jpeg

is now a pedestrian bridge and part of a great 36 mile ride from my home

Jealous! To cross the Columbia River I use either I-5 or I-205. Not very quiet, no real motivation to stop for the view.

There is a great path on the Portland side and a good route on the Vancouver side, so the two bridges do make a pretty good loop ride.

Jealous! To cross the Columbia River I use either I-5 or I-205. Not very quiet, no real motivation to stop for the view.

There is a great path on the Portland side and a good route on the Vancouver side, so the two bridges do make a pretty good loop ride.

You live in a beautiful part of the world!

The Old Chain of Rocks Bridge is a really cool old bridge with a lot of history...

Some cool drone video...

CORB.jpg

So I visited our river today. 35 miler, took just about all I had in the tank.

Kelley Point at the confluence of the Willamette and the Columbia Rivers.
CA81C192-3A17-4F35-9DEC-98F3C771CAC7.jpeg

Looking up the Columbia.
2E98223D-6720-4F85-BF53-E689B002D19E.jpeg

Solid north wind. The sailors could zip along the Columbia on a broad reach in either direction. It is usually downwind heading up river and a lot of short tacking trying to get back to your moorage.

Top Bottom