What's new

SHOW US YER DENS!

1819B213-6F62-4615-B910-82DFEF84E77B.jpeg

I repurposed some shelves that weren’t holding anything useful to make more room for my collection. Not the fanciest, but I’m pretty happy with my new space.

The 'den' is currently organized on the principles established by the cave bears:
1) chaos 2) excess 3) debris 4) hegemony

Here are aspects of it:

Top of the main medicine cabinet
9FD05B95-95DC-455D-8FB6-2E0A18C0D927.jpeg

A spare medicine cabinet
F937332E-7512-4C23-BDB8-7CC543727ACE.jpeg

Hijacked an abandoned bookshelf
71D544E4-E99B-465E-A682-84062CB27C67.jpeg

A few drawers of the razor file (DE, SE not shown)
98664182-5207-45EA-BC11-9E7732D3F020.jpeg

Staging area
9E6F2ACB-A64A-47B2-935C-1E5DEA739707.jpeg

Center of operations
A039F5BB-F276-4B0E-9E61-CE852DCCCA98.jpeg

A brave young man! Is the „no shave soap“ dogmatic or a victim to speediness?

It must be the light beard effect. There is probably some minor lubrication from Ivory bar soap or shampoo runoff. He was complaining about clogging yesterday, so he might have a few more whiskers coming along.

I think that was the only shaving issue he has ever brought up. At the rate he is going through saloon blades, I expect he will need more before this decade ends.

Pretty sure I've posted in one or more of the other threads - however:

1) My den is constantly evolving with new purchases, selling off other items

2) Not gonna lie - I LOVE sharing pics of my den!!

View attachment 1216129

View attachment 1216130

View attachment 1216131

View attachment 1216132

View attachment 1216133

View attachment 1216134

View attachment 1216135

These got removed when putting some other stuff up and as we are planning a move soon haven't put them back up:

View attachment 1216136

These need to be framed and hung when we move as well.

View attachment 1216137

And I have two new wooden brush holders on their way to display the brushes my daughter's help make for me.

Oh the humanity...my den has been reduced to just this during the moving process (wife left yesterday and arrives at our new apartment in PEI later today, the daughters and I will follow next month Lord willing)

PXL_20210410_125059542.jpg

PXL_20210410_125036990.jpg

The rest is in boxes about to cross into PEI

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been collecting shave gear over the last 4 years and never thought I would ever get to this much gear, I enjoyed buying and getting deals and just kind of turned into a hobby. Like most folks I started small and never sold anything and just like to have most of my gear in eye sight so that It's "not out of sight out of mind" All those razors have been used many times and some more often than other's of course. My brush collection has grown a little more than this older photo shows.
Ron's latest Shave Den accumilation of gear Oct 24th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I have been collecting shave gear over the last 4 years and never thought I would ever get to this much gear, I enjoyed buying and getting deals and just kind of turned into a hobby. Like most folks I started small and never sold anything and just like to have most of my gear in eye sight so that It's "not out of sight out of mind" All those razors have been used many times and some more often than other's of course. My brush collection has grown a little more than this older photo shows.
View attachment 1249687
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
Awesome can you elaborate on the caps that are off to the left side?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Awesome can you elaborate on the caps that are off to the left side?
Oh my # of uses blade counter's, when my collection of razors started was growing and I blade count # of uses from day one. I started with dice for a year or more but then I got into Schick injectors I did not use the dice because of cleaning and moving around gear and the Schick II injector blades you can crank out a large amount of shaves so the top dial was for Schick II blades blades(32 shaves with a Schick II blade.) You will see most of the dials are for injectors but two are designated for DE & SE and the some other written count ledgers are for various razors and new AC blades. The system works well and when the cupboard doors are closed nothing is seen. I do not like to go over 10 shaves per blade so most of the dials are marked to 10. So I have 3 counting systems, dials, dice and written # of uses.
You can buy # mechanical counters but then they are like dice & can be moved around accidently and can be expensive. I'm just the creative type with lots of time to tinker a little, So I thought out a better system then mechanical MFG counters and dice with not much chance of moving accidently. Once I made one and tried it the other's where easy and free.
A person can even make small portable ones with a couple of dials to try out (no patents pending :lol: ).

Oh my # of uses blade counter's, when my collection of razors started was growing and I blade count # of uses from day one. I started with dice for a year or more but then I got into Schick injectors I did not use the dice because of cleaning and moving around gear and the Schick II injector blades you can crank out a large amount of shaves so the top dial was for Schick II blades blades(32 shaves with a Schick II blade.) You will see most of the dials are for injectors but two are designated for DE & SE and the some other written count ledgers are for various razors and new AC blades. The system works well and when the cupboard doors are closed nothing is seen. I do not like to go over 10 shaves per blade so most of the dials are marked to 10. So I have 3 counting systems, dials, dice and written # of uses.
You can buy # mechanical counters but then they are like dice & can be moved around accidently and can be expensive. I'm just the creative type with lots of time to tinker a little, So I thought out a better system then mechanical MFG counters and dice with not much chance of moving accidently. Once I made one and tried it the other's where easy and free.
A person can even make small portable ones with a couple of dials to try out (no patents pending :lol: ).
Thanks for sharing. I use a much easier system where I open a blade and count it as one and it never gets used again. I wish I had your patience.. Have a great day!

Top Bottom