What's new

Show off your polished winning razor!

Ok guys, let’s see ‘em! The whole reason I bought one was so I could shine it up, after I saw a polished one online!
A0CD840A-0E98-4718-96E0-BF96CE0004B3.jpeg
😃

That looks great. I’m a bit of a latecomer (duh) but am thinking of polishing mine for the same reason. Do you feel that has changed the shave feel/dynamic?

Wins in... everything (except polish)

And it being a "Monday" instead of a Friday :c9:

Edit: Is a no 42

Attachments

• 20220426_153739.jpg
    20220426_153739.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Both of my razors are not of the polished variety, as they are brushed 316L stainless steel. So unfortunately, I am not able to participate in this thread. 😢 Having said that however, I do appreciate the folks who post super shinny polished safety razors. :blushing:

For little jobs like shining the cap, I like using Micro-Mesh sanding sheets which are like emery cloth. They're listed for woodworking, but work great on metal. I've been using them for 20 years just for this purpose. You can use them dry or wet and I use them wet with a tiny bit of soap for the final 12,000 grit finish.

For little jobs like shining the cap, I like using Micro-Mesh sanding sheets which are like emery cloth. They're listed for woodworking, but work great on metal. I've been using them for 20 years just for this purpose. You can use them dry or wet and I use them wet with a tiny bit of soap for the final 12,000 grit finish.

Those Micro Mesh Sheets were for computer inductry for polishing.

Pool players use on wood shafts to keep smoothe.

Following use you can run under warm water to clean, and dry on towel or paper towel.

Last for years if you care for them.

Two throngs that work well for polishing and not removing metal are:

Magic Wadding in a can.

Magic Eracers.

Thoth Paste Labeled Whitning formula.

Wal-Mart has all three, FYI

IMG_4670.jpeg
IMG_4668.jpeg

Top Bottom