What's new

Show off your Doodles, Drawings & Artwork

Actually its Celtic based nothing really creative at that .. celtic knot .. as you may notice this is flawed .. it has two a cross and a clover inter-winding but its two separate lines, two shapes .. while the good knots are usually made of one (that's the skill) .. the lines at the center (with the pencil) will modify it that way hehe

I think it's the circles in each "loop" that look like eyes to me, giving it an illuminati effect. It's very cool, regardless.

I think it's the circles in each "loop" that look like eyes to me, giving it an illuminati effect. It's very cool, regardless.

ahh .. well umm those were not gonna have been there in the final design .. those are just the grid for the knot-ing :blushing:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ha! You'll have to watch the Frank Zappa movie, "200 Motels" to find out what the checkerboards are all about!!!
There are 40 or so individual drawings that I snipped from 10 or 11 desk calendars and glue-sticked to an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.
I save my desk calendars because they have notes from phone conversations, appointments, etc. Most of the conversations are boring so, I doodle to keep myself amused.
Charlie Brown, in the bottom left, was a coffee stain that I drew around.
You mean you aren't a Steelers fan? :001_smile

Since not really calligraphy or what not .. I guess doodle? hehe This is the steel M size nib on the senator .. i'm newbie so maybe I forced it :001_rolle but it did had some flex and this is what came out
$2013-04-19 15.48.52.jpg

Nice! I like pens with a bit of flex. I used to doodle with a Speedball dip pen that was very flexible. You can get nice variations in line width with flex.
I'll see if I can dig up some of my Speedball drawings.

i'm nervous to try and flex the golden nib I have .. so was just trying how it goes with this cheap steel one hehe

Speedballs are about US$1.50 per nib so, if you ruin one, it's not so bad.

You can ruin them? I picked up 2 in-the-box at a flea market a few weeks back. They date to the 60's or 70's judging by the artwork on the box. Work great... I just can't figure out how the one with the flat circular nib is supposed to work... need to go ask about it in "the dip."

Well, ruin can be subjective... I only meant to say that, you should not hesitate to use them or worry about damage because, they are so inexpensive.
If you press too hard, you can open the gap or put a bend in it that can't be straightened.
It takes a lot of pressure to ruin a speedball - I'm still using ones that I bought back in 1978. That's a lot of mileage for $1.50!!!

The round, circular nib just makes a wider line. The nibs are usually made with two pieces; you dip the pen into the ink and the ink is trapped between the two halves of the nib.

I used to have a weekly comic strip in my school newspaper that I drew with a Speedball. The flexible nib produces some nice, natural flowing lines of varying thickness that lends itself to comics and drawing.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, ruin can be subjective... I only meant to say that, you should not hesitate to use them or worry about damage because, they are so inexpensive.
If you press too hard, you can open the gap or put a bend in it that can't be straightened.
It takes a lot of pressure to ruin a speedball - I'm still using ones that I bought back in 1978. That's a lot of mileage for $1.50!!!

The round, circular nib just makes a wider line. The nibs are usually made with two pieces; you dip the pen into the ink and the ink is trapped between the two halves of the nib.

I used to have a weekly comic strip in my school newspaper that I drew with a Speedball. The flexible nib produces some nice, natural flowing lines of varying thickness that lends itself to comics and drawing.
I would be interested in seeing some of your comic strips, and am probably not alone in that regard.

I would be interested in seeing some of your comic strips, and am probably not alone in that regard.

Absolutely not, get those comics out!

I love comics so all these Hollywood superhero movies are my idea of awesomeness. Iron Man 3 will probably give me a nerdgasm. Definitely my favorite.

$IronMan.jpg

Nice Vercin, and that's what I do a lot of, while waiting in Dr. offices etc.
I have a lot of trouble with Bs and Ds .

While I'm trying to find my 30 year old Speedball cartoons, here is another page from my doodle book.
I see some more Freudian complications!

$Doodles 2 001.jpg

Last edited:
Doodling some DZ-Ж since I suck at this letter most :) I seem to struggle with the first and last loop .. can't make those the same
$2013-04-24 19.37.36.jpg

Top Bottom