What's new

Show off your Doodles, Drawings & Artwork

I thought it would be fun to start a thread, here at the Nib, that would allow everyone to post their Doodles, Drawings and other Pen & Ink Artwork.
Here is the first submission from my Rhodia doodle notebook:

$doodles.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, come on Wherndon - I bet you have some very interesting doodles! Tomorrow, I'll post some of my scribblings that I do just to get the ink flowing.

You posted this just as I was leaving to go to the AAA ballpark here... I really wanted a hotdog. The game got rained out :( The Clippers were playing the Bats.

Well, I started trying to teach myself how to draw, using the book, "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" and this is the 1st exercise that I am not embarrassed to show.
I surprised even myself at how effective the book is.

Attachments

• $IMG_6011.jpg
    $IMG_6011.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 351
Well, I started trying to teach myself how to draw, using the book, "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" and this is the 1st exercise that I am not embarrassed to show.
I surprised even myself at how effective the book is.
that is most excellent!!!

For your edification.... a collage of scribblings collected from several months of desk calendars.
I wonder what Freud would say?

$Doodles.jpg

For your edification.... a collage of scribblings collected from several months of desk calendars.
I wonder what Freud would say?

View attachment 327146

Hmmm... I wonder what the repetition of the yellow and black gridded structures tells us about you. I found 13 of the grid drawings, most of them in yellow and black (also red and black, green and black, black and white, and 2 in red and yellow). I'm sure it's something dark and devious. :001_rolle

Very cool. Almost looks Illuminati-ish. You could probably sell it to Jay-Z and Beyonce for a pile of money for them to incorporate into their Illuminati themed clothing lines.

Very cool. Almost looks Illuminati-ish. You could probably sell it to Jay-Z and Beyonce for a pile of money for them to incorporate into their Illuminati themed clothing lines.

Actually its Celtic based nothing really creative at that .. celtic knot .. as you may notice this is flawed .. it has two a cross and a clover inter-winding but its two separate lines, two shapes .. while the good knots are usually made of one (that's the skill) .. the lines at the center (with the pencil) will modify it that way hehe

Hmmm... I wonder what the repetition of the yellow and black gridded structures tells us about you. I found 13 of the grid drawings, most of them in yellow and black (also red and black, green and black, black and white, and 2 in red and yellow). I'm sure it's something dark and devious. :001_rolle

Ha! You'll have to watch the Frank Zappa movie, "200 Motels" to find out what the checkerboards are all about!!!
There are 40 or so individual drawings that I snipped from 10 or 11 desk calendars and glue-sticked to an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.
I save my desk calendars because they have notes from phone conversations, appointments, etc. Most of the conversations are boring so, I doodle to keep myself amused.
Charlie Brown, in the bottom left, was a coffee stain that I drew around.

Last edited:
Ha! You'll have to watch the Frank Zappa movie, "200 Motels" to find out what the checkerboards are all about!!!
There are 40 or so individual drawings that I snipped from 10 or 11 desk calendars and glue-sticked to an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.
I save my desk calendars because they have notes from phone conversations, appointments, etc. Most of the conversations are boring so, I doodle to keep myself amused.
Charlie Brown, in the bottom left, was a coffee stain that I drew around.

You should frame that and convince an art dealer that it's worth millions!

Top Bottom