What's new

Show off your DE/SE Travel Kit

Basically this is what I bring on my travels, the Trac II is for when I fly with carry-on only and the Tech for when I travel by car o fly documented. The Muhle STF is the only synthetic that I enjoy when face lathering. No need for a bowl.
IMG_20190828_132352028.jpg
Cheers

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Basically this is what I bring on my travels, the Trac II is for when I fly with carry-on only and the Tech for when I travel by car o fly documented. The Muhle STF is the only synthetic that I enjoy when face lathering. No need for a bowl.
View attachment 1011953
Cheers
Nice kit!!! I like the idea of using a vintage soap holder, and I'm going to guess that's a Palmolive stick.

Flintstone65

View attachment 1012153 Here’s my travel kit for current trek up into Denali Park in Alaska!
Now THAT'S a travel kit!!! Multiple razors, multiple brushes (and they appear to be animal hair), multiple soaps and various after shaves...all great choices!!! It's been a couple of decades since my last visit to Denali, but it was beautiful then and I'm sure it's beautiful now -- enjoy your trip!!!

Now THAT'S a travel kit!!! Multiple razors, multiple brushes (and they appear to be animal hair), multiple soaps and various after shaves...all great choices!!! It's been a couple of decades since my last visit to Denali, but it was beautiful then and I'm sure it's beautiful now -- enjoy your trip!!!

Thanks, Sir Flintstone!

Denali is still beautiful, this week fortunately nicer than a bit earlier when there were fires and floods!!

This one from today, along a ridge in the Alaska range just outside the park...

proxy.php

Thanks, Sir Flintstone!

Denali is still beautiful, this week fortunately nicer than a bit earlier when there were fires and floods!!

This one from today, along a ridge in the Alaska range just outside the park...

proxy.php

Rugged country. Now I see the need for moleskin in the travel kit. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If by car: one of the Gillette Black Handle TTOs, a few blades in a pill bottle, travel size containers of Cremo, pre-shave oil, Witch Hazel and After Shave, small synthetic brush, styptic stick and whatever else occurs to me.

If by plane (I never check luggage when traveling for business): Gillette Atra, extra cartridge in a pill bottle, travel size containers of Cremo, pre-shave oil, Witch Hazel and After Shave, small synthetic brush, styptic stick and whatever else occurs to me.

If by plane for personal travel, we have to check due to everything my wife packs. In that case, I check my car travel kit.

All of this stuff fits in my toiletries bag with other stuff I take. :)

I can usually get a soup mug or small bowl from the hotel which I use to build lather.

Last edited:

Flintstone65

If by car: one of the Gillette Black Handle TTOs, a few blades in a pill bottle, travel size containers of Cremo, pre-shave oil, Witch Hazel and After Shave, small synthetic brush, styptic stick and whatever else occurs to me.

If by plane (I never check luggage): Gillette Atra, extra cartridge in a pill bottle, travel size containers of Cremo, pre-shave oil, Witch Hazel and After Shave, small synthetic brush, styptic stick and whatever else occurs to me.

All of this stuff fits in my toiletries bad with other stuff I take. :)

I can usually get a soup mug or small bowl from the hotel which I use to build lather.
I'm a big fan of the pill bottles as blade holders as well. I need to find a carry-on option for a razor/blade -- I wish they'd let me take an injector (either Schick or PAL) in carry-on, and I know some will chance it, but I'm sure I'd be the guy who gets stopped and has his vintage razor confiscated.

Thanks for sharing your setup!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm a big fan of the pill bottles as blade holders as well. I need to find a carry-on option for a razor/blade -- I wish they'd let me take an injector (either Schick or PAL) in carry-on, and I know some will chance it, but I'm sure I'd be the guy who gets stopped and has his vintage razor confiscated.

Thanks for sharing your setup!

You are most welcome. :)

I've had blades confiscated by TSA so that's why I went to the Atra.

Eversince I am smitten with DE shaving...I don't want to waste anytime at all...I am a daily shaver by necessity of work. I travel due to work very often and I like rotate all my gears...
Here's my travel shave gear...so many variations...depends if I am flying or driving...
This was the latest just now as I am on the road for 10days..
20200226_205100.jpg

The rest of my travels kit...
20200221_073903.jpg

20191226_053242.jpg

20200129_062824.jpg

Great thread. I've reworked my Dopp kits for travel since taking up DE shaving. I like to keep my kits prepacked and ready so that I'm not forgetting anything. The same goes for my luggage.

By air:
  • Dorco Twin Blade carts
  • Travel Gillette Foamy
  • Sample of Bay Rum AS - I think VIBR
  • Irish Spring 5-in-1
  • Comb
  • Mitch Construction Paste
  • Folding Toothbrush
  • Crest Toothpaste mini tubes
By Land:
  • EJ DE89 with feathers in a replica Gillette Khaki case - bought on Etsy*
  • Palmolive Shaving Stick in a deodorant twist-up tube
  • Maggard 18mm travel synth brush
  • Sample of Bay Rum AS - Lucky Tiger
  • Irish Spring 5-in-1
  • Comb
  • Mitch Construction Paste
  • Folding Toothbrush
  • Crest Toothpaste in a hard tub

* The razor may change. I'm still working out my setup for this.

I will try to get photos soon.

IMG-1887.JPG

Koby silicone case (fantastic customer service from these guys!!!) filled with:
  • little tin of Proraso menthol preshave
  • King of Shaves cooling oil
  • Knightsbridge charcoal shave cream
  • Edwin Jagger badger travel brush
  • Rockwell 6S stainless with 5/6 blade in a Hide & Drunk case
  • tin of assorted blades and homemade used blade blank
  • pack of alum matchsticks
  • little spray bottle of Lucky Tiger Aspen

Attachments