What's new

Show me your razor blade bank!

So, for those of you who use blade banks that are not disposable, what do you do with the bank when it gets full? I assume you don't recycle it or throw it away.

So, for those of you who use blade banks that are not disposable, what do you do with the bank when it gets full? I assume you don't recycle it or throw it away.

I use a non-disposable blade bank but I'm not going to have to worry about it getting full for several years. When it gets to that point, I just planned on emptying it into a recyclable container, taping it securely shut, labeling it as used razor blades and tossing it into recycling.

attachment.php

I use a non-disposable blade bank but I'm not going to have to worry about it getting full for several years. When it gets to that point, I just planned on emptying it into a recyclable container, taping it securely shut, labeling it as used razor blades and tossing it into recycling.

attachment.php
OK, that makes sense. Thank you.

TicTac box can easily hold a year's worth of blades.

Last one was slit on the top, this year tried a slit on the side because it was easier to cut.(cut with exacto and slight angle filed with nail file)

Got the idea from another similar thread.

Attachments

• $TicTac.jpg
    $TicTac.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 381
TicTac box can easily hold a year's worth of blades.

Last one was slit on the top, this year tried a slit on the side because it was easier to cut.(cut with exacto and slight angle filed with nail file)

Got the idea from another similar thread.
I am definitely using that idea. Thanks a lot :)

I use a small travel container that I ordered with some Col Conk soap in it. For some reason I thought the container would be bigger (those darn Amazon photos make everything look larger than it appears), and it is too small to build a decent lather in, so I decided to use it as a blade bank. It has a nice twist seal to it so my dog couldn't open it just by moving it around or dropping it, and since I only need to shave three times a week, it will be a long time before I fill it up.

Is it weird that instead of tossing something into the trash, you think that would work for a blade bank?
$blade bank 001.jpg

In a conversation at work my wife found that one of the younger guys uses DE razors. I had her take him a bank made from a can and one of How To Grow A Moustache's label. She said that he was very please with the gift.

Last edited:
Top Bottom