What's new

show me your combs and brushes :)

hello people im really into my combs and brushes and like finding unique stuff,
so i was wondering can you peeople show me your combs and brushes :)

Just got these delivered today,
Not seen these before so thought why not

IMG_20210619_194046.jpg

Tatara Finest Badger and Yaqi Tuxedo.
View attachment 1288535

Chicago comb model 1 carbon fiber. It is not unique, it is the best comb.
View attachment 1288539
funny you should post that as i just got the chicago combs the other day,
i got the models #6, #7 & #8

whats that #1 model like? any good?

theres actually been a lot of hype within the bearded community about the chicago combs,
now these do cost about a tenner a comb so to me thats expensive,
heck i even find the kent combs expensive but i got some the other day
and now i understand what the hype was about and i think these combs are siccccks

carbone fibre, heat resistant and anti static, this is a comb for life imo

1624623618604.jpg

funny you should post that as i just got the chicago combs the other day,
i got the models #6, #7 & #8

whats that #1 model like? any good?

theres actually been a lot of hype within the bearded community about the chicago combs,
now these do cost about a tenner a comb so to me thats expensive,
heck i even find the kent combs expensive but i got some the other day
and now i understand what the hype was about and i think these combs are siccccks

carbone fibre, heat resistant and anti static, this is a comb for life imo

View attachment 1288579
Nice collection! I know it is real hype in bearded community, but I got no beard sorry. I found them via Ashland Leather which I follow for their Shell Cordovan wallet. Ashland Leather collaborates with them to make their leather pouch, and you can see I got the Olive Reverse Shell Cordovan Sheath (truth is a reverse Black Shell Cordovan). I bought the model 1 because it is their first model, and it is the coolest in the bunch with that design. Not sure about beard, I bought them for hair so the tooth size is indeed versatile and performs well on my thick volume, thin individual hair, and wavy hair. You know, I wanted their stainless steel version but can't afford it at the time I buy the carbon fiber one. But that temptation/wants immediately goes away after I handled the carbon fiber version. It is so smooth and solid, you can feel it is as sturdy as stainless steel but without the heft. As you can see, I engraved mine with my personal quote as a daily reminder. Highly recommend you to do that, with anything you have in mind :D Since it is a comb for life as you said, and I agree.

Talking about Kent comb, I did consider getting them as the cellulose acetate is so beautiful. But there is a blog by Chicago comb that explains why they choose carbon fiber over cellulose acetate, so that made me stay away from the latter.

Nice collection! I know it is real hype in bearded community, but I got no beard sorry. I found them via Ashland Leather which I follow for their Shell Cordovan wallet. Ashland Leather collaborates with them to make their leather pouch, and you can see I got the Olive Reverse Shell Cordovan Sheath (truth is a reverse Black Shell Cordovan). I bought the model 1 because it is their first model, and it is the coolest in the bunch with that design. Not sure about beard, I bought them for hair so the tooth size is indeed versatile and performs well on my thick volume, thin individual hair, and wavy hair. You know, I wanted their stainless steel version but can't afford it at the time I buy the carbon fiber one. But that temptation/wants immediately goes away after I handled the carbon fiber version. It is so smooth and solid, you can feel it is as sturdy as stainless steel but without the heft. As you can see, I engraved mine with my personal quote as a daily reminder. Highly recommend you to do that, with anything you have in mind :D Since it is a comb for life as you said, and I agree.

Talking about Kent comb, I did consider getting them as the cellulose acetate is so beautiful. But there is a blog by Chicago comb that explains why they choose carbon fiber over cellulose acetate, so that made me stay away from the latter.

Some of the kent combs I got

I do really love kent combs,
anyone else got kent combs?

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_162115.jpg
    IMG_20210801_162115.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
got this metal comb the other day, probably the best metal comb I've ever used, glides well for a metal comb

IMG_20211124_143743.jpg

IMG_20211124_143704.jpg

Here are mine :

* Kent mini OT

I mainly used this one from 2013 to 2016 included. Now i only use it when i do a self haircut.

kent comb.jpg

When it's brand new, it looks like that :

kent mini OT#.jpg

* Tek mini combs

Since 2018 to nowadays, i've been only using these two to brush my hair everyday :

- handmade in 🇮🇹 (forza !)

- made in pure ash tree wood (from controlled forest cultivation): very robust, anti-static, it also does not damage your scalp & your hair

tek combs.jpg

• Love
Reactions: saj
Kent slim Jim
Suavecito pocket
Suavecito aluminumView attachment 1377459
Nice, I've got a few Kent combs including that slim Jim it's a really good comb for it's size surprisingly

Good as a travel comb but I prefer the folding Kent ones I recently got bit the one in the middle of your pic as it keeps any dirt/dust away from the actual comb

Not heard of those brands, where they from? Any good?

Top Bottom