What's new

Show Me Some Edge Eye Candy!!!

Gents,

My Shavesmith razor arrived today, and the seller said it was shave ready. I had no doubt that it was ready to roll, but I have been finding that my little technique with the Zulu Grey and strop has really been polishing the edges, and leading to making them ridiculously sharp and silky smooth...despite having no real idea as to what I am doing!

To get this edge, I sprayed the ZG with water, and a drop of dish soap (I don’t have a DMT card to raise a slurry, and the slurry stone doesn’t work on this thing!). Then I did 100 laps on the ZG spraying water on the stone every 25 laps. Then I hit the Tony Miller Heirloom Strop for 75 laps.

This was the result...

06EA9835-20AF-41C6-AAFA-4839902B245A.jpeg

Vr

Matt

Gents,

My Shavesmith razor arrived today, and the seller said it was shave ready. I had no doubt that it was ready to roll, but I have been finding that my little technique with the Zulu Grey and strop has really been polishing the edges, and leading to making them ridiculously sharp and silky smooth...despite having no real idea as to what I am doing!

To get this edge, I sprayed the ZG with water, and a drop of dish soap (I don’t have a DMT card to raise a slurry, and the slurry stone doesn’t work on this thing!). Then I did 100 laps on the ZG spraying water on the stone every 25 laps. Then I hit the Tony Miller Heirloom Strop for 75 laps.

This was the result...

View attachment 1020915

Vr

Matt
That looks absolutely magnificent. Hope you have a wonderful shave!

Thank-you Sir! The shave was magnificent...I feel comfortable recommending Shavesmith razors based off of communication with the proprietor, and the incredible quality of the razor.

It was forged in 2016, and I am now the second owner. It’s not going anywhere any time soon!

Vr

Matt

Thank-you Sir! The shave was magnificent...I feel comfortable recommending Shavesmith razors based off of communication with the proprietor, and the incredible quality of the razor.

It was forged in 2016, and I am now the second owner. It’s not going anywhere any time soon!

Vr

Matt
I’ll be sure to check them out, those old fashioned straight edge razors look beautiful! I love you don’t need to worry about blades. Thanks for the recommendation

Top Bottom