What's new

"Show-Me Shavers" - Missouri Shaving Enthusiasts

WELCOME
SHOW-ME SHAVERS!

proxy.php

This new club is for anyone who lives in MO, used to live in MO, or has a MO connection of some sort. Also, if you're just on the other side of the KC border in Kansas.... you're welcome too!

Why here, why now? Well, I think it'd be fun to see how many of us are around here. If there's enough interest we can organize a get together, or maybe do a pass-around box. The sky is the limit!

We're here to chat, share tips, or just shoot the breeze! Want to talk about the Royals? The Chiefs? Barbeque? The Weather? Or just rant about your commute as you're stuck on I-435. We're here for you. Are you aware of any good local artisans? Or do you know of a good spots for shopping for shaving gear? Let us know!

BTW: Saint Charles Shave in St. Charles, MO makes some of the best shaving soap, aftershave, balm, and cologne! (www.saintcharlesshave.com)

What does it take to join?

1) Post here and introduce yourself. (You can use the template below).
2) This is the Show-Me State, so show me a pic of one of your favorite things about Missouri.
3) Add "Show-Me" or "Show-Me Shavers" to your signature.

proxy.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Name?
Resident or Alumni?

City (Residing in or from)?
Region (from above map)?
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)?
What do you do?
What are your worst acquisition disorders?
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?

Razors:
Brushes:
Soap:
Cream:
Aftershaves:

Tell us a little about yourself?

Hobbies:

Show-Me Pic(s):

First Name? KJ

Resident or Alumni?
Resident since 2008.
City (Residing in or from)? Knob Noster
Region (from above map)? Kansas City
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? I’m not a sports fan, but I'll jump on the Royals/Chiefs bandwagon when they are playing well!
What do you do? Engineer
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Aftershaves!

Razors: 1959 Fatboy, 1909 Gillette ABC Floral, Weck Surgical Prep
Brushes: M&F Chief Blonde Badger, Ever-Ready 100w/TGN Pure, B&B Essential Boar
Soap: Saint Charles Shave, Mystic Water, Stirling
Cream: Godrej Menthol Mist (Indian), Nivea (German),Ctapt (Russian)
Aftershaves: Avon Tai Winds, Skin Bracer, Pinaud LilacVegetal, Bootlegger's Bay Rum

I’m 39 years old. I recently retired from a career in the Air Force (as aMajor), and now am a government contractor working for Northrop Grumman. I workon the B-2 Stealth Bomber on Whiteman AFB. I am a Father to four awesome kids13, 12, 12 (yep, twins), and 10; who live with their mother. I begantraditional wet shaving over 5 years ago and I just love it!

Hobbies: I keep pet Tarantulas and Snakes, I lovethe Outdoors (Hiking, camping, fishing, bonfires, stargazing, etc), I likemusic and going to concerts (Rock, Metal, & Alternative, I only listen to98.9 The Rock), I like TV and Movies (mostly science fiction and horror), and Ilove shopping for deals and treasures at Antique and Thrift stores.

My Show-Me Pic(s):

The Gate's Mixed Plate!
proxy.php

And the B-2 Bomber
proxy.php

First Name? Rebecca

Resident or Alumni? Resident

City (Residing in or from)? Kansas City

Region (from above map)? Kansas City

What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? I will always cheer for the Royals or Chiefs but I cheer for the Cubs for my grandpa and the Huskers for my home state.

What do you do? I am an elementary art teacher

What are your worst acquisition disorders? Not sure yet. Kinda new to all of this but so far it's soaps and brushes and all things tiny.

Razors: Gillette lady razor

Brushes:

Soap: Mystic waters and williams are my favorites but I like trying any fruity smells

Cream:

Aftershaves: Anything Lime. Old Spice Lime, Avon Lime, Captain's Choice Lime

Tell us a little about yourself? I am a mother of two amazing girls 9 and 11. I am an art teacher currently at the elementary level but have taught high school some also.

Hobbies: I love anything artistic, painting, drawing, and lately sculpting and blowing glass. I also like collecting antique glass and uranium glass.

Can I join, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Kansas City once?, and I have sent Tamales there:blink: Oh and BTW Welcome and congrats on your new Club!!

Last edited:
Welcome! And you forgot to "Show-Me" a pic of one of your favorite things from Missouri....

A Holiday Inn Express??? Well... you're practically Kin! You're welcome to pop your head in anytime. And more than welcome to come visit our fine state whenever you want!

My favorite Missouri sites would be $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447627312.739546.jpg
The lake of the Ozarks
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447627332.824858.jpg
And our night sky

First Name? Chris

City (Residing in or from)? Lebanon

Region (from above map)? Southwest

What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Don't do a whole lot of sports

What do you do? Work at the Local Newspaper in the daytime and deliver Pizza Hut at night

What are your worst acquisition disorders? I'm starting to develop a thing for soap, but I really enjoy buying wild razors and cleaning up to try/resell them

What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)? I really like the scent of my new Anne Bonny soap I got and my Pinaud Clubman

Razors: Feather Artist Club SS

Brushes: Whipped Dog 24mm Synth

Soap: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny, Arko

Cream: AoS Sandalwood Trial Size

Aftershaves: Pinaud Clubman

Tell us a little about yourself? I'm originally from Austin, TX lived there until I was 13 then went to Springfield, MO for about 10 years then made my way over here to Lebanon somehow

Hobbies: Umm... Wetshaving.... lol

Show-Me Pic(s):
Who doesn't like to fish??
$images (1).jpg$images.jpg

Can I join, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Kansas City once?, and I have sent Tamales there:blink: Oh and BTW Welcome and congrats on your new Club!!
If you keep the Tamale's coming I'll give you the computer room in my Apt.!!

I really like the Idea of a never ending passaround box just for people in this club. we could start of small and just keep adding to it just maybe some rules like if you take you must contribute otherwise take some samples of the items in there or something like that.

If you keep the Tamale's coming I'll give you the computer room in my Apt.!!

I really like the Idea of a never ending passaround box just for people in this club. we could start of small and just keep adding to it just maybe some rules like if you take you must contribute otherwise take some samples of the items in there or something like that.

:lol:

[MENTION=103160]Chrispy73[/MENTION]

Welcome Chris! I'll be thinking of some ideas for a passaround box, once we get enough folks to make it worthwhile.

First Name? Ryan
City (Residing in or from)? Lee's Summit and Sunrise Beach
Region (from above map)? Kansas City and a lake house in Central
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Royals are about the only team I actively follow
What do you do? Professional Photographer and Penmaker.
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Starting to get into buying artisan soaps

Razors: Dont have a lot...My Gillette Slim Adjustable, Sanguine R5 Shavette, and a Wade & Butcher straight I am restoring.

Brushes: GTC Synthetic is my only usable brush so far, have a few antiques needing reknotting.
Soap: Dr.Jon's Anny Bonny and Krampus
Cream: Only ones I have tried I dont like.
Aftershaves: Dr.Jons Krampus....need to get more.

38yo, Born and raised in the KC Metro, have lived here all my life. I do photography as a profession and also make and sell custom pens on Etsy. Love movies, very eclectic taste in music, high appreciation for classy antiques.

Hobbies: I guess photography and pen making are still hobbies as well as jobs. Also big into Radio Control stuff, mainly rock crawlers. Love to build custom ones and sell em. Also Saltwater tanks, have 4 going right now.

Show-Me Pic(s):

One of my favorite places here in Mo.
proxy.php

and my amazing city
proxy.php

Welcome Ryan! Glad to have you here! I drive through LS all the time on my way to KC. There are some decent antique stores in your area.

Thanks! And I drive through Knob Noster all the time on the way to my lake house! There are a few around, but have yet to find any decent shave gear at any of em. I mainly see off name straights with rusty pitted blades, chips and whatnot going for like $50-100. WAY too much for what they are let alone the condition they are in.

I could not see your pics from work before, but now that I'm home I do. I have to ask, where is/what is that old building? That looks pretty cool!

Top Bottom