What's new

Shout out for Proraso in the Summer!

Well I thought New England was going to completely escape summer's triple-H (Hazy, Hot & Humid). Typical New England summer finally arrived this past week with a vengeance. The little window A/C units in our house just simply don't cut it when summer is rocking and rolling.

Everybody in the house is hot, sweaty and crabby.

So it was time to break out the Proraso. I am a soap guy 99.9% of the time but there is nothing like the awesome cooling effect you get with the cold water rinse after getting a great shave with Proraso Green.

This isn't news to any of you Proraso-heads but my shaves with this stuff were so awesome this week I just had to give a shout out.

What other soap or cream comes anywhere close to the chill of Proraso?

Mama Bear's Awakenings is pretty chilly...peppermint, tea tree and menthol...and you can remain a soap guy! It's so cold on the cold rinse that it'll take your breath away.

Follow that with some mentholated splash and a dab of 444, and chill out...

Mama Bear's Awakenings is pretty chilly...peppermint, tea tree and menthol...and you can remain a soap guy! It's so cold on the cold rinse that it'll take your breath away.

Follow that with some mentholated splash and a dab of 444, and chill out...
+1 on Awakenings. Great stuff!! Her Lime Ice soap is great too! :thumbup1:

Oh, and if you haven't already pick up a bottle of Osage Rub! It's mentholated Chuck Norris in a bottle!!:kyle1:

I'm working through a tub of Proraso soft soap right now, but I also have some Kiss My Face mint on hand. Sadly, Tom's of Maine is no longer locally available. I use Osage Rub as well.

Proraso green is definitely chilly when you do a cold rinse, I love it too.

You could try Santa Maria Novella (it's a cream) as an alternative. It smells great and it cools the skin. But... it feeds the skin far more than the Proraso does. It's just a higher level of skin-care.

Happy shaving!

Proraso green is definitely chilly when you do a cold rinse, I love it too.

You could try Santa Maria Novella (it's a cream) as an alternative. It smells great and it cools the skin. But... it feeds the skin far more than the Proraso does. It's just a higher level of skin-care.

Happy shaving!

Is the SMN mentholated?

Yes. In my opinion, slightly less than Proraso, but the better shave compensates therefore.

I like them both and they both give a great cooling shave but any performance boost I get from SMN over Proraso just doesn't seem to justify the cost difference.

I like them both and they both give a great cooling shave but any performance boost I get from SMN over Proraso just doesn't seem to justify the cost difference.

Proraso costs more per shave if you factor in the size of the SMN tub, the thickness of it, and how little you need to shave.

Nothing better for a hot, sticky day than pre/post, Green Tub, followed up by Proraso splash.

Man what a menthol kick!

Top Bottom