What's new

Shout Out for Mike's Natural Soaps

Thanks Andrew. I'll add that lathering Mike's is "automatic" for me too.

Mystic Waters on the other hand, really requires that I load more deliberately - but it's also a terrific soap and well worth the extra few seconds.

Without using a shave bowl, the trick is to get more product into your brush knot. Because the Plisson synthetic knot is so soft, that you'll have to do is load it longer, while trickling small amounts of water every few seconds to thoroughly load the knot with proto-lather...Additionally, you'll have some proto-lather left on top of the puck. I use my finger tip to gather that up and paste it on my face.

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

I think this is a good opportunity to resurrect a 6 year old thread. I was gonna make my own if this one wasn't here. I started using Mike's 2 years ago and I really adore it. I consider it the best price to performance artisan I've tried. Simple scents, a classic tallow and lanolin combo, and its ease of lathering, what's not to love. Anyway, you will probably all like to know that mike released a test run of a new scent yesterday of which he only made 7. Now like I said I've only been using Mike's for 2 years but in that time he's had the same line up of scents so I'm not sure when the last time he released a new scent was (someone in here probably knows) but I bet it's been a while. Anyway I managed to get one before they sold out and when I get it I will provide the thread with my thoughts on the new scent.

Top Bottom