What's new

Shouldn't they technically be the same?

I've been enjoying a Rockwell 6S. Using the R3 plate. I decided to pick up a Rockwell 2C, used the R3 plate., expecting similar results as the 6S.

Not even in the same ballpark.. the 6S was so much more efficient. I stopped several times on the first pass while using the 2C to see if it was even taking the scruff off.. it didn't feel anything like the 6S R3 plate.. I thought they'd be close as far as performance goes.

Can someone maybe explain the differences? I tried keeping all the variables the same. What am I missing??

I've been enjoying a Rockwell 6S. Using the R3 plate. I decided to pick up a Rockwell 2C, used the R3 plate., expecting similar results as the 6S.

Not even in the same ballpark.. the 6S was so much more efficient. I stopped several times on the first pass while using the 2C to see if it was even taking the scruff off.. it didn't feel anything like the 6S R3 plate.. I thought they'd be close as far as performance goes.

Can someone maybe explain the differences? I tried keeping all the variables the same. What am I missing??
As far as I know, it's just weight and finish, otherwise they are exactly the same. I had a 6c, now I have the 6s. The 6c felt better imo. The shave, hmm... It could have been better by virtue of feeling more comfortable doing each pass. I don't know, really.

Can you swap the base plates? Pet the 2C baseplate together with the 6S cap and handle. That might give you an idea

Top Bottom