What's new

Should the shaving cream and soap forums be combined?

Should the shaving cream and soap forums be merged?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to Joel, and he agreed that this was the perfect opportunity to test the polling feature, so what do you guys think? Should the forums be merged? Please feel free to post additional thoughts and comments below!

-Nick

Nick, I voted yes. For me it's easier to thumb through the forum in one catagory that are so closely related.

To quote David Gates..."It don't matter to me..." I'm gonna read 'em all anyway...but one click is better than two!

Randy

Well im going to have to be difficult and say keep them seperate. There are some who prefer creams to soaps and visa versa and may not want to sort through an assortment.

gage0921 said:
Well im going to have to be difficult and say keep them seperate. There are some who prefer creams to soaps and visa versa and may not want to sort through an assortment.
I agree 100%. There were those days when thought I was ready to slash my wrists scrolling by another Proraso Cream thread.. "Do You Like Red better than Green?", "Do You Like Green better than Red?", Is Red the Most?", and so on and so forth.. ad infiinitum, ad nauseum... :a52:

It might even be better to have a Shaving Soap Forum separate from the Facial, body, etc soaps...
That way I can focus on showering or shaving...
Nick,
Nice Smilies...
One question, is the smilie on horseback to represent chivalrous behaviour or horse manure? :biggrin:

Well, so far it's a dead heat.

Ron: Being that I'm full of both chivalry, and it, I'm going to have to answer: A little bit of column A, a little bit of Column B. :a9:

guenron said:
It might even be better to have a Shaving Soap Forum separate from the Facial, body, etc soaps...
That way I can focus on showering or shaving...
Nick,
Nice Smilies...
One question, is the smilie on horseback to represent chivalrous behaviour or horse manure? :biggrin:

The matter of keeping shaving soap seperate from facial and body has been brought up, this would be the most reasonable way to go about it.

I voted yes since the two are so closely related. However, if you wish to keep them separate, I would prefer "soap" to be shaving soap only. The facial soaps could be moved to the Facial Cleansers section.

mike

mike said:
I voted yes since the two are so closely related. However, if you wish to keep them separate, I would prefer "soap" to be shaving soap only. The facial soaps could be moved to the Facial Cleansers section.

mike
Mike,
I like that a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike

mike

Mike,
I like that a lot!

Same for me

-Scotto

I voted for separate threads, too. In my case the experience of shaving is very different with the two types of lather. Both good, just that soap lets me get closer (though harder to keep hydrated), but creams feel more luxurious (and trickier to get initially hydrated).

Tastes great--less filling! Seems to merit separate threads to me. :cool:

-Rich

My vote is to keep them apart. I think of them as different animals.

Seaching for soap info or cream info will be enhanced by segregation as well.

Graham

Nick,

I too would really like to see shaving soap seperated from other forms of soap. But don't really care if it is combined with shaving creams.

Paul.

Hmmmm - might get a little tricky as Austin has accepted a mod position in the soaps forum..... :tongue_sm I am sure we'll figure something out!

joel said:
Hmmmm - might get a little tricky as Austin has accepted a mod position in the soaps forum..... :tongue_sm I am sure we'll figure something out!

Lets let the poll hang out for another week or so - then combine the 2 forums if that is still the consensus... sound ok?

After reviewing the well reasoned opinions listed above, it appears that the logic of the seperate but equal faction is more persuasive... to me. :biggrin:

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom