What's new

Should or shouldn't I store my razor + blade in the bathroom?

The ones that I am using are in the bathroom. Blades as well. All the others are stored in a seperate room. I have limited real estate in the bathroom.
I store everything in a separate room. I live in Malaysia. It's hot and humid. My bathroom feels like a sauna after every shower. If I were to leave my razor and blades in there, the blades would surely rust after a couple of days.
If u change blades after every shave, which I don't, then u can leave the razor in the bathroom.
I have a separate room and shelves where I keep all my shaving stuff.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Mine is in my bathroom. My "master bathroom" is actually a half bath, so no shower related humidity to worry about.

The only razor that I do not keep in my bathroom is my Koraat, as it comes out only when I feel the urge for that special SR shave. I keep it stored in the original box, after careful cleaning and caring, after each use. The box is stored in another room. All the rest of my gear is in the bathroom cabinet and on the shelf above the sink.

My shaving gear is stored in the bathroom and never had any problems.

I did leave EJ DE89 with blade in my shower for a month and there were a few specks of rust on the blade when I took it out of the razor

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I store everything in a separate room. I live in Malaysia. It's hot and humid. My bathroom feels like a sauna after every shower. If I were to leave my razor and blades in there, the blades would surely rust after a couple of days.
If u change blades after every shave, which I don't, then u can leave the razor in the bathroom.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Nice stash!

I keep @40 in the bathroom and the rest are stashed in my bedroom. Been using this setup for a few years now with no noticeable effects.

Like others have mentioned, rust would be my main concern.

I might keep a tuck of blades in there, but no more.

and if I had a pot metal razor that I was fond of, which I don't currently, then I would tend to keep it out of the bathroom to help those threads to corrode a little more slowly.

(Sent from mobile)

proxy.php
proxy.php

Congratulations! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I keep a few razors loaded up with blades in my bathroom along with a few extra blades that are on deck to be used (10 tops).

All other blades (2000++) are stored in my dry home office.

I keep all my razors in the bathroom. The only blades I keep in their is the tuck I'm currently using. The rest are in a drawer in the bedroom.

Ten soaps and creams, my razor (I only use a Fatboy,) my vintage brush, ten AS and colognes, my lather bowl are all arranged around my sink. Extra blades in a bag under the sink. A bigger selection of also-ran soaps and creams on a shelf in the hall closet. Yes, I live alone, so I can use the bathroom real estate as I please.

Everything stored in the bathroom. My carbon steel straights are stored in a box along with corrosion inhibitor tabs I buy from Grainger. No problems in 20 years.

Top Bottom