What's new

Should I leave soap on my face?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Here’s the last two paragraphs of a piece written by Henk Verhaar for The Shave Room. If you think soap is good for your skin, read the whole article.

15484A3F-F86C-4E0E-BB6F-D4DD758FA2D4.jpeg

Here’s the last two paragraphs of a piece written by Henk Verhaar for The Shave Room. If you think soap is good for your skin, read the whole article.
It is definitely not good for the skin, if you intend to leave it on your skin forever, but soap is supposed to be rinsed off at some point, and then you can benefit from any oils that are contained in the soap and will (partially) stay on your skin.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I would suggest when done shaving that you wash off soap residual for better skin care. From my limited research that most soaps or creams have acid levels 8>10 range and so to much acid is not good for skin mantel.
Rinse well and dry off and like I do is find a moisturizing lotion (balm) that will is neutral on the PH level. CeraVe has a slightly - neutral which is good for skin. Witch hazel is around 3-5 which is tame(OK) and is a mild cleanser.
I found a old thread where this fellow did some testing with litmus paper checking acid levels in soaps and found it interesting.

Top Bottom