What's new

should I keep my Merkur HD open comb?

Thanks to Kyle I've determined that I got a Merkur HD open comb and not the standard model that I wanted. I haven't used it yet, because I want to be able to send it back if necessary. I ordered a Merkur 178, am I the one that screwed up?

I'm a DE virgin. I really don't have the $$ to buy 2 razors. Some say the open comb is great, especially with modifications. Kyle thinks I should get a standard. I'm afraid if my DE experience is bad then I will wonder if it because of the comb.

Any thoughts?

if at all possible exchange it- then, u would have the razor u want and if any problems cropped up, at least it would not b with the razor.

Marty

birchhook said:
Thanks to Kyle I've determined that I got a Merkur HD open comb and not the standard model that I wanted. I haven't used it yet, because I want to be able to send it back if necessary. I ordered a Merkur 178, am I the one that screwed up?

I'm a DE virgin. I really don't have the $$ to buy 2 razors. Some say the open comb is great, especially with modifications. Kyle thinks I should get a standard. I'm afraid if my DE experience is bad then I will wonder if it because of the comb.

Any thoughts?

The 178 is correct for the HD. You were shipped the wrong razor.

htownmmm said:
if at all possible exchange it- then, u would have the razor u want and if any problems cropped up, at least it would not b with the razor.

Marty

Ditto! If you can only buy one razor, then in my opinion it should be the HD! [Disclaimer: I am partial to Merkurs!] :cool:

Top Bottom