What's new

should i get this or am i better off getting something else?

hey peeps, so although im not new to de razors i havent actually spend a decent amount on one, theyre just cheap ones i've got,

anyways i've got £10 promo code on amazon for items that are 'dispatched and sold by amazon',

so i might get another de razor, i've seen this one its a muhle rytmo 3 piece set,

its currently £45.83 from £77.00 plus with the promo code i'll get it for £35.83 which seems like a bargain to me,

but i have not real experience of the more better de razors,

so my question should i go for it? heres the link...

i love the look of it and its a set, so i do need a nice sort of stand but ive already ordered a qshave razor the other day which will be here this weekend which comes with a stand too

so is it worth £35 odd quid or should i go for something else and use the promo code on something else?

decisions, decisions, decisions, help me out lol

If you like mild razors and need another brush, then go for it. Personally since you have a QShave coming, I would run it through the paces first then look for something different. There are always sales and new things hit the market all the time. Speaking from experience if you get too many new things at once, you don't do them justice in determining if they work for you.

If you like mild razors and need another brush, then go for it. Personally since you have a QShave coming, I would run it through the paces first then look for something different. There are always sales and new things hit the market all the time. Speaking from experience if you get too many new things at once, you don't do them justice in determining if they work for you.

ended up going for it, thought i need a half decent de safety razor plus with boar bristle brush and stand its a no brainer for that price imo, i think its the colour that did it for me in the end lol :c9:

Enjoy it and come back to leave your opinions about it.
I was going to recomend King C Gillette, which is also (partly) Muhle.

As for the brush, if you like syntetics I recomend DS Cosmetics on alliexpress.

Reactions: saj
Enjoy it and come back to leave your opinions about it.
I was going to recomend King C Gillette, which is also (partly) Muhle.

As for the brush, if you like syntetics I recomend DS Cosmetics on alliexpress.

Will check it out on ae thanks

Here's some pics of the muhle rytmo as promised

IMG_20201208_130518__01.jpg
IMG_20201208_130806__01.jpg
IMG_20201208_130545__01.jpg
IMG_20201208_130623__01.jpg
IMG_20201208_130634__01.jpg
IMG_20201208_130845__01__01.jpg
IMG_20201208_131005__01.jpg

okay so just shaved my head with this muhle razor, honestly it was a bit of a frustrating shave, i expected better, it seems very mild and i used a gillette nacet my second time shaving with the same blade, yea bit disappointed tbh...

think next time i'll give it a go with a feather to see if that makes a difference or not,
if that doesnt work i'll try the shimmethod and see if that improves things

ohhh yea handle is very slippery too, got to be careful

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
okay so just shaved my head with this muhle razor, honestly it was a bit of a frustrating shave, i expected better, it seems very mild and i used a gillette nacet my second time shaving with the same blade, yea bit disappointed tbh...

think next time i'll give it a go with a feather to see if that makes a difference or not,
if that doesnt work i'll try the shimmethod and see if that improves things

ohhh yea handle is very slippery too, got to be careful
I think the Feather will transform your shave experience.

i cant help but still feel really dissapointed in last nights head shave, ive never ever been left so frustrated then when i shaved with the razor

any chance you think i could return it the muhle set back to amazon?

Nice looking! Take your time to ‘dial in’ the new razor, figure out the optimal blade, etc! For me, any new hardware requires a bit of time and effort to figure out how to get it to really perform.

Nice looking! Take your time to ‘dial in’ the new razor, figure out the optimal blade, etc! For me, any new hardware requires a bit of time and effort to figure out how to get it to really perform.

Yea I always give myself more time then normal when using a new razor or blades etc until I feel a bit more confident with it and got a bit of a host so to speak

Yea well speaking to other members on another forum suggested that my techniques need brushing up on which caused me to have not a pleasant head shave last night and I'm inclined to agree with them because the alum block stung like hell last night, I don't ever remember it being that bad before, I mean I always get stings here and there using the alum block but last night was worse

Either way I see myself as a noob to the game compared to most peeps on these wet shaving forums tbh and I don't think there's any Shane in admitting that, I mean we all got to start somewhere right?

Yea I always give myself more time then normal when using a new razor or blades etc until I feel a bit more confident with it and got a bit of a host so to speak

Yea well speaking to other members on another forum suggested that my techniques need brushing up on which caused me to have not a pleasant head shave last night and I'm inclined to agree with them because the alum block stung like hell last night, I don't ever remember it being that bad before, I mean I always get stings here and there using the alum block but last night was worse

Either way I see myself as a noob to the game compared to most peeps on these wet shaving forums tbh and I don't think there's any Shane in admitting that, I mean we all got to start somewhere right?
I find head shaving much more difficult than face shaving.
  1. You can’t see what you’re doing everywhere
  2. Because of 1 it’s hard to maintain the same angle
  3. Because your arms are in an odd position, it makes it more difficult to maintain control
  4. Because your head is hard and round, there aren’t any flat spots to speak of. This makes it harder to get everywhere, sometimes resulting in missed spots
  5. If you’re like me and shaving just the bald patch it’s a challenge to get right up to the hairline and stop before you cut off wanted hair.
Give it more time.

hey peeps, so although im not new to de razors i havent actually spend a decent amount on one, theyre just cheap ones i've got,

anyways i've got £10 promo code on amazon for items that are 'dispatched and sold by amazon',

so i might get another de razor, i've seen this one its a muhle rytmo 3 piece set,

its currently £45.83 from £77.00 plus with the promo code i'll get it for £35.83 which seems like a bargain to me,

but i have not real experience of the more better de razors,

so my question should i go for it? heres the link...

i love the look of it and its a set, so i do need a nice sort of stand but ive already ordered a qshave razor the other day which will be here this weekend which comes with a stand too

so is it worth £35 odd quid or should i go for something else and use the promo code on something else?

decisions, decisions, decisions, help me out lol
It really depends on how much you want to spend, I do not use a stand, for my razor I use a socket, and my brushes sit upright. The razor that I have is the EJ 3one6 and I love it, it is not mild, but a little more aggressive than mild. So that is why I use Polsilvers or Voskhods, Nacet. Have used a feather in it just had to concentrate harder. If you want milder go Feather AS-D2. If you want more flexibility I have heard the Rockwell 6S is good
1E025E0A-2B93-4287-B22F-B87BA544B188.jpeg

Last edited:
i cant help but still feel really dissapointed in last nights head shave, ive never ever been left so frustrated then when i shaved with the razor

any chance you think i could return it the muhle set back to amazon?
I am pretty sure you can, I have returned Brushes.

I find head shaving much more difficult than face shaving.
  1. You can’t see what you’re doing everywhere
  2. Because of 1 it’s hard to maintain the same angle
  3. Because your arms are in an odd position, it makes it more difficult to maintain control
  4. Because your head is hard and round, there aren’t any flat spots to speak of. This makes it harder to get everywhere, sometimes resulting in missed spots
  5. If you’re like me and shaving just the bald patch it’s a challenge to get right up to the hairline and stop before you cut off wanted hair.
Give it more time.

i find head shaving to be not bad and i enjoy it,
from my experience id say sound of the razor if its cutting the hair and also feel is key, checking the scalp with your fingers and hands especially when you go against the grain with your hands you can feel for any hairs left over

some peeps can do it without a mirror or anyone checking the bakc or around their ears etc too

It really depends on how much you want to spend, I do not use a stand, for my razor I use a socket, and my brushes sit upright. The razor that I have is the EJ 3one6 and I love it, it is not mild, but a little more aggressive than mild. So that is why I use Polsilvers or Voskhods, Nacet. Have used a feather in it just had to concentrate harder. If you want milder go Feather AS-D2. If you want more flexibility I have heard the Rockwell 6S is goodView attachment 1193927
nice collections, how may blade you got and out of those four in the pic, can you list them from bets liked to least mate?

nice collection mate :)

Top Bottom