What's new

Should I get a Schick twin injector blades from Japan?

Ok, I have lot's of razor blades but most of them are de blades. I got around 60 AC type blades for my RR Hawk and Ikon MR-SE.
The least among my blades are injector razor blades. I got around 10 NOS Schick plus platinum injector blades and 2 left of the Chinese Chics which is easy to get and cost less compared to other injector blades.
I am currently using a Schick twinjector NOS blades on my Schick injector dial razor which is easy to use and get good results as well as the Chinese Chic single injector blades on my E2 and type G razor which I also get good results but not great as far as using the twin NOS Schick and single injectors.

I only have around 14 Schick twin injector blades NOS made in the US blades left that I use on my Schick dial adjustable injector.

I have been reading about how good the Japanese Schick twin injector blades perform and it's long life with some getting over 50 shaves per blade.
I do admit I prefer the NOS twin injector blades on my Schick dial adjustable compared to the single injector blades. I just find it more efficient but I don't mind using the single edge blades on my type E and G .

I also use mostly de razor and AC type razors more than I use my injectors.

I have been contemplating buying a 10 pack of the Japanese Schick twin injector blades for a while now, but the $30 price tag is what's holding me back since I still have some NOS Schick twin blades and don't use my injectors that much, but I feel I might be missing something as I haven't tried the much talked about Japanese Schick twin injector blades.
I am hoping someone here has tried both the NOS Schick twin blades and the current Japanese Schick twin blades and may be able to provide some comparison between the two, not just on how it shaves but how long the blades last.
I appreciate any information and advice. Thank you.

Evaluating the performance of razor blades is entirely subjective (YMMV), but the only source of the Japanese Schick II twin blades is...Japan. All I can suggest is that you invest in a magazine of them and give us your evaluation.

By all means try the Japanese Twin Injector II blades. But Please, do not use them in the E or G type you stand a very, very good chance of ruining the spring and, hence, the razor.

Unfortunately can’t comment on difference between the NOS and current production TWINs as I’ve only used the current ones. What I will ask, is what induces you to reach for your injector?

You mention that you normally use AC and DE razors, and injectors are a more rare occurrence. For me, using my J-1 with a Chick was life changing. The Schick Dial/adjustable with a Japanese TWIN was an extension of injector razors for me, as few things could compare to that first different shave with an injector. I have since acquired a nice selection of injectors that I enjoy rotating between, mixing up which blades I use. I now rarely use a DE or AC razor. I only have 2 DEs left of my over a dozen I used to own. I haven’t made up my mind on my AC razors yet, but my few returns to them have been disappointing.

If you liked your injectors more, I would suggest buying the TWINs without any hesitation. Understanding why you use them would help understand how much you value their shaves. There shouldn’t be a significant difference in shave quality with the TWINs vs the NOS TWINs. I personally would spend the money (and have, with about 3-4 years of Japanese TWINs right now) but I don’t know that this would be a worthwhile investment for you.

Wish I could help since I did have them both in hand at one point.

I tried NOS USA single blades in an M adjustable, and they were good. Then I tried NOS USA twins in my M adjustable and I liked them better.

Then I tried the NOS USA single blades in a G, and that combo is my favorite. I ended up liking my G so much that I'll probably sell my M, so I sold my Japanese II blades unopened on the BST here. I'm not convinced they could be much better than the USA blades, but I would love to hear from someone who compared them.

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. I like the injectors for it's ease of use and the smaller head to maneuver in tight spots and also one of the reasons I own a few is that I enjoy variety, using different razors, blades etc. is part of the fun for me.
I would have to try the Japanese twins one day because if I don't I will forever be wondering what I missed. The main reason I got really interested in it is reading how some people have gotten over 30 shaves with one blade of the Japanese twins, and the smoothness of the shave, is this the norm for you guys that have used them?
I also realized that I haven't shaved enough with the NOS Schick twins to find out how long they last. I just started using injectors again when I got a hold of a type E and type M dial adjustable and the last time I have used injectors before now was years ago when I first got a type L and a type G.
Visiting the single edge forum is what got me back into it.

I shave only 2-3 times a week so when it's time to shave I usually use a de slant or AC style razor as I found when I use injectors with a few days growth I tend to apply more pressure than I need to.

Clearly I am nowhere close on how to use the injectors I have to it's full potential but I do find when I use them with only less than 48 hours of growth I do get good results.

I will have to use the injectors more often and see how many shaves I get with the NOS Schick twin blades and compare them with the Japanese twins.
I like trying out new blades which is why I've been using de razors a lot since they have too many different brands of blades plus the different razors, soaps, creams, brushes etc.
It never gets boring which is why I enjoy this hobby....the Japanese Schick twin injector blades just got added to something I look forward to.

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions again.

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. I like the injectors for it's ease of use and the smaller head to maneuver in tight spots and also one of the reasons I own a few is that I enjoy variety, using different razors, blades etc. is part of the fun for me.
I would have to try the Japanese twins one day because if I don't I will forever be wondering what I missed. The main reason I got really interested in it is reading how some people have gotten over 30 shaves with one blade of the Japanese twins, and the smoothness of the shave, is this the norm for you guys that have used them?
I also realized that I haven't shaved enough with the NOS Schick twins to find out how long they last. I just started using injectors again when I got a hold of a type E and type M dial adjustable and the last time I have used injectors before now was years ago when I first got a type L and a type G.
Visiting the single edge forum is what got me back into it.

I shave only 2-3 times a week so when it's time to shave I usually use a de slant or AC style razor as I found when I use injectors with a few days growth I tend to apply more pressure than I need to.

Clearly I am nowhere close on how to use the injectors I have to it's full potential but I do find when I use them with only less than 48 hours of growth I do get good results.

I will have to use the injectors more often and see how many shaves I get with the NOS Schick twin blades and compare them with the Japanese twins.
I like trying out new blades which is why I've been using de razors a lot since they have too many different brands of blades plus the different razors, soaps, creams, brushes etc.
It never gets boring which is why I enjoy this hobby....the Japanese Schick twin injector blades just got added to something I look forward to.

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions again.

I had 3 shaves on my L-1 with a Japanese Schick Twin blade prior to March 1st. I then used that razor and blade combination for about 25 shaves throughout the month of March. I’ve used it a few times since. Still the same blade and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down yet. I have coarse whiskers as well, so these blades really have some legs to them. They’re also buttery smooth after the first shave. That first shave (really the first half of the first shave) there is a little harshness to them, but it smooths out very quickly. That harshness is less than any GEM blade or the Personna injector blades. They continue to smooth out more and more until about shave 7-10 and stay that same level of smoothness while retaining efficiency. I still haven’t had to change out any of my Twin blades.

Cost per shave for me is going to be better than my other injector blades and will probably approach my DEs in that area.

Top Bottom