What's new

Should i buy Fatip Picollo???

I need something more agressive than merkur 33c,but not too agressive.Have parker 99r,its agressive,but do not like the weird angle it shaves at .Would fatip picollo open or closed comb be a good compromise?

The closed comb is called the Gentile. It won't be a step up from your 33C although it is a nice mild razor, and it feels different. The open combs will be a big step up. It might be too much for you or maybe not.

I don't know what you would define by too aggressive but I think the Fatip Testina Gentile would suit you. It is a safety bar head. The Fatip Piccolo is an open comb head but if you have good technique it is still a possible choice for you. The Gentile would be similar to the Merkur so the Fatip Piccolo would be a good venture into open combs.

My Fatip Piccolo Originale (open comb) has quickly become one of my favorite razors, slowly but surely displacing some of my most aggressive ones (Muhle R41 and ATT H2) and my middle-of-the-road ones (Merkur 34C and EJ DE89).

I really don’t like to call it aggressive, but rather very, very efficient. The shaves are very smooth, very close and, at least for me, extremely pleasant. It does have a short learning curve (I think most razors do), my first shaves with it were less than stellar, but now adays it's the razor I find myself reaching for the most.

I have no experience with the Gentile (closed comb) version, but I’m so impressed with the open comb that I already have a couple of Gentiles heading my way (damn you covid! Taking forever as they are coming from Europe). Thinking the Gentiles could become my perfect travel razors…

If you are US based, for a cool Jackson, I think the Fatip Piccolo is practically a no brainer… I’d say go for it, fairly confident that you’ll like it very much!

Good luck and happy shaves!

I am a big fan of the fatip piccolo SE. Great razor for the price and it is solid brass. I have only used the gentile plate so far but find it quite sufficient for me at thus time. I will likely experiment with the OC plate in time.

Fatip Gold Grande. A perfectly balanced razor. A smooth comfortable shaver. Comes with built in bling.

Attachments

• 1838F352-E45B-46BD-B071-561BB3744570.jpeg
    1838F352-E45B-46BD-B071-561BB3744570.jpeg
    793.1 KB · Views: 42
If you don't mind a short handle, the Piccolo is a great shaver. I know there is two different versions so make sure you get the more modern version unless you prefer more bite.

I got my Fatip OC recently and at a very good price too. I wanted a Piccolo but it went out of stock but the Grande is available in nickel. Price difference only EU1 so took that.
I am glad because I found I prefer a fatter handle.
Anyway, heard from many how aggressive it can be and also heard from many how comfortable it can shave.
My first shave with it....very comfortable...more aggressive than my EJ DE89L but still comfy.
Depending where you stay...this Fatip OC with Grande handle in Nickel is still in stock and there's a further 10% discount...
20200617_191904.jpg

This will sound funny. Even though I have more sensitive skin, I prefered the open comb. I had real difficulty hitting the correct angle on the Gentile, and than had to do over multiple times, resulting in more razor burn than ideal.

Does anyone have fatip with closed comb?How does it shave?

It shaves very nicely. Like all Fatips it is a strange one. It will feel as mild as your 33C. It may even feel smoother and more comfortable, if that's possible. I think they are a tad more efficient but not much, and like the Merkurs are a delight to use. Some seem to find the angle difficult to find but I never had that problem.

Top Bottom